Dipole

PL Dipole A2

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
Dipole - Brushwork experimentation

A payload map by me
This is somewhat a layout test to see what the best workflow is for blending aesthetics and gameplay spaces for a planned future project, as well as seeing how more open-form layouts than I usually make play out.
I've done a lot of fancy over the top brushwork on this, it's on ~65% brushsides currently
Opening area is a spiritual successor to tarpit opening area, maybe I'll implement similar changes into tarpit if this plays well

Screenshots:
pl_dipole_a10005.png
pl_dipole_a10001.png
pl_dipole_a10006.png
pl_dipole_a10002.png
pl_dipole_a10004.png
pl_dipole_a10003.png

Custom content:
*Clouds by theatretechie
*Custom devs, cryon water, and karsch materials made by me
*Striped glass window by asg
*Forklift by rexy
*Moneyface by chin

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
*Added signage around the map to make navigation easier
*Fixed red spawning at last for A
*Made columns near B less snowbase-y
*Fixed some clipping
*Fixed broken move direction on balcony door after C (my doors are no longer closed to the public)
*Made it so that red can't flow behind blu on A through the A overlook window, now blu has a one-way jump. Hopefully this doesnt cripple red from defending pre-A bc of an engie going behind them, maybe I'll remove the entire post-A room and change up the routing in the area to cut down on track + useless space that can just be used to bypass.

Flow is probably still jank, I'm likely going to make some changes to A and D to remedy this. Routes could probably do with some consolidation and theres a bunch of fat that I think needs trimming. The map's pushtime is currently similar to pl_spectre, however without a strong central landmark as that map has, I think it just hurts the navigation and round length with aesthetics being the only thing that benefits.

Read the rest of this update entry...