TC Diamond

Ælement

Comfortably mediocre
aa
Dec 21, 2010
Well, if the timer does run out, whoever is holding the middle point will win. Stalemates will technically be nonexistant.

When it comes to stalematey gameplay however, i'm hoing that the mid point will encourage mobility. The team that caps the mid point will have to move up to it to defend properly, and the other team has to claim said point before they can advance at all.

Basically, i hope that the mid point will remove the feeling that your final point can be capped at any time, which is what usually makes a team too paranoid to push forward.

Ælement

Comfortably mediocre
aa
Dec 21, 2010
A little update

I have abandoned my original sketches, as i believe that they are not optimal. Beforehand, i wanted to create seperate territories for each middle point, but it occured to me that a lot of design problems are avoided by simply having the mid points at the borders between the actual territories.

So now, my concept sketch is pretty much identical to Hydro's. Only difference is the mid point's possible whereabouts, which are marked with yellow.

31l30Yk.png

The entity setup behind 3cp TC is pretty much done (thanks to a little help from A Boojum Snark :>), and the teleporting mid point works perfectly. I started building a rough layout yesterday, but i believe it will take some time to complete, as TC is quite different in how careful you must build in all directions when making it.

Last edited:

Limeaide

L2: Junior Member
Jul 26, 2009
Are at least you going to release the prefab for the other version? It looks like it could be interesting for other, more adventurous/insane mappers to work with.

Last edited:

Ælement

Comfortably mediocre
aa
Dec 21, 2010
Walla walla dev log time. Progress is slow due to lacking inspiration, and i believe that so far, i have about 15% of the layout built at the quality i want. I have, however, seen a lot of inspiring things during my vacation, and i think i may have the inspiration, when i return, to get this going at a better pace. I'm really excited about whether this will be done in time for the pacific pack release!

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
i'm looking forward to the first alpha release
it is quite the promising project, and a great idea at that

Opplydead

L1: Registered
Aug 23, 2015
I know it has been some time since this article has been discussed, but I had already started making one of these 3cp tc maps, and was wondering if you could send out a file of the entities and game logic.

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
My idea for TC was, TC stalemates. So does 3CP. What doesn't stalemate? Koth. Make a Koth TC. Too easy.

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
Someone finally got the reference thank you. It only took five years.

Ælement

Comfortably mediocre
aa
Dec 21, 2010
I know it has been some time since this article has been discussed, but I had already started making one of these 3cp tc maps, and was wondering if you could send out a file of the entities and game logic.

Sure thing. As soon as I get on a computer, ill see if I can find that old file of mine.