ARENA dfjea

norfolk

aa
Jan 18, 2014
djfea

What does djfea mean? I don't know. But I do know it is pronounced, 'dee jay eve uh." Near a small village, the two teams find out about a rocket launch. What better to do than to send the scientists flying away and then try to launch it! Cap the point to launch the rocket or kill everyone in sight.

Last edited:

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
To me, it should be pronounced "duf-jee-uh"

Anyway, it's simple and straight forward for your first map, and looks ok. It is rather flat, though, and the layout is basic and boxy. But everyone has to start somewhere.

norfolk

aa
Jan 18, 2014
To me, it should be pronounced "duf-jee-uh"

Anyway, it's simple and straight forward for your first map, and looks ok. It is rather flat, though, and the layout is basic and boxy. But everyone has to start somewhere.
This isn't my first map, I've made and released maps in the past. But yeah, I'm just not that good at mapping. :\

cat

L1: Registered
Nov 17, 2014
on top of the control point make the prop (I forget the name) that floats over the cp and tells what team owns it. Also the skybox seems really low in the pictures, making it pretty much impossible to rocket jump and stuff like that.

norfolk

aa
Jan 18, 2014
on top of the control point make the prop (I forget the name) that floats over the cp and tells what team owns it. Also the skybox seems really low in the pictures, making it pretty much impossible to rocket jump and stuff like that.
The skybox just looks low, and also the floaty thing only appears when the cap is open, and it wasn't when that screenshot was taken.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Based on what I can see from those screenshots the displacements outside the spawn look a little funky.

When making displacements one rule I typically try to stick to is to not just stretch it all across one brush but divide it into smaller squares (the keyword being square) based on how detailed i want the terrain to be. The smallest I typically go is 256x256 though sometimes the squares can be 512x512 or 1024x1024.