Detecting paint.

Discussion in 'Portal 2' started by LeSwordfish, May 18, 2011.

1. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    I'm having trouble with one section of my map, involving flinging paint. All the fiddling in the world wont make it fling far enough to cover the area that i want it to, and the complexity of design prevents me from just adding paint at the target when the paint spatters start.

So i need something to detect paint. In midair, or on the ground, it makes no difference to me. Does this exist? Can i hack it?

2. Zhan

Zhan L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Not that I know of. There definitely is a trigger that detects portal placement, though, so perhaps you could rig something up to fire when you have one portal under the gel pipe and the other on the wall of your choice?

3. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    I dont know what it is, but somehow i've fixed it to get the paint where i want ( I think it was hitting the ceiling). I'm not going to complain of success by accident.

4. Stun_gravy

Stun_gravy L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Has anyone figured out a method of detecting paint either mid-air or on the ground? This would help me greatly as well.

5. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    As far as I found, and believe me, I looked, you can't detect the traditional paint. You can detect the paint bomb (the one that allows you to juggle it around and when it splats, a new one spawns) by filtering for it's class. But that's all I know