Desktop Help with Rainmeter/Rocketdock

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sgt.Sausage, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Sgt.Sausage

Sgt.Sausage L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I recently discovered these to programs, i love them thanks for showing them to me.
    I have 2 problems, 1 with each.

First rocket dock. I took the main steam games i play (desktop icons) and added them to my rocketdock. But now when i click on them nothing happens.

For tf2 this is the config:
    Name: Team Fortress 2
    Target: C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe
    Start in: C:\Program Files\Steam
    Arguments: -applaunch 440

Anyone no what the problem is all my steam game icons dont work from my rocketdock.

Problem 2.
    Not exactly a problem but i need a way to backup rainmeter. All my active skins, their placements and all their settings and rainmeters. I did some googleing but i am still new to this and haven't had any luck. Does anyone know how to back up these settings.

Thanks.

2. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    For the rocketdock problem, go into the settings and uncheck the "open running application instance" checkbox. Right now it sees steam.exe is already running, so it doesn't execute the steam.exe launch stuff for games.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Dr. ROCKZO

Dr. ROCKZO L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Gadget

aa Gadget

Positive Ratings:
    I'm using RocketDock for a long time now - it's much better than ObjectDock because it uses less RAM and runs really smooth.

You should check out the Stacks Docklet that lets you organize your icons and folders very easily.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Sgt.Sausage

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks, that fixed the problem perfectly.

Nice guide, but it doesnt tell me how to backup rainemter.

Exactly, i notice no slowdown will all these things running its great.
    And as for the stacks docklet if you look and my desktop screen in the thread i use it already and love it.

6. Masakari

Masakari L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    To backup Raimmeter placements/which configs are open, just right-click on the Rainmeter system tray icon, and go to Themes->Manage Themes. You can save the current theme, which keeps all the little configs and their screen placements saved.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Sgt.Sausage

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks very much, so this will save all my active skins and everything.
    If so thats perfect.

EDIT: Just made a backup, any idea where this is saved and in what format. If you dont no i will check all the likely places (app data, program files, documents) but just thought i would ask.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009