Desert (working title)

GLaDOS

L1: Registered
Nov 26, 2009
Hello everybody,

I have a bit of experience with hammer, but not a lot. I'd like to get better. I've posted the first layout of the first capture of my map. I hope you leave a comment/critique/it just sucks.

I've also posted it because I would like to hear if this map has potential to be finished. I hope you comment.

GLaDOS

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2009
Its better to release your map when you complete it so it can be fully playable. The map, or the area in this case looks nice for a beginner ;) You should finish it. Al tough there is no detail and only two building. Keep practicing :)

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2008
Wood texture grain should be in the direction of the beam it's on.

Rikka

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 10, 2009
Would you want to be the person with a map with such a generic name as desert?

There really isn't much to judge based off those screenshots. The second point looks a bit interesting, but nothing serious can be said until you have more to show.

GLaDOS

L1: Registered
Nov 26, 2009
Desert is the name until I can think of something better. I know it isn't very original. I've detailed the building, improved the displacements and some play tested. Next I will add the second point I think, because I haven't made it yet. The tower on the second picture isn't a cap, but it is a sniper tower. I made it because the snipers can watch the point, but (because of the rocks) can't spawn kill and don't have a big advantage because all the points of cover.

Thanks for commenting,

GLaDOS

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
When working on the layout, try using dev textures at first; simply type "dev" without quotes into the Filter box when browsing for textures. Also, to make releases easier to recognise, use the alpha/beta/rc system: alphas are used for testing, aren't public, and usually lack final textures. Betas are public releases, are textured, and are usually tested on full-scale servers. RCs, or release candidates, are like final betas: if there's nothing wrong with a map, the RC will become a final. Your map is looking good, I really like that first point; the stairs seem to big, however. Can't wait to see how this turns out.