DergFerret

CTF DergFerret a3

Yoshark

L3: Member
Jul 29, 2016
Map rename because people keep making fart jokes out of the name and it was making me actually angry.

+Moved spawn again so its more front and center in the base
+Added new drop down room
+Spawn now has 3 exit places, main, balcony, and a chute down to intel (1 way for non-jumpers)
+Added lighting elements around
-Ditched Pont's fast ctf logic, players kept complaining cause they didn't understand it immedately
-Removed vent room

Read the rest of this update entry...

d3adfin

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 21, 2019
i like this map a lot so i gave a few thoughts
hopefully it's helpful

Yoshark

L3: Member
Jul 29, 2016
Glad to see you like the map, and interesting chunk of feedback. Probably won't do a 1:1 of your suggestions but will def be taking stuff into consideration. Feedback often is just a game of figuring out what the actual problem is and examining why people think certain solutions are good rather than blindly following then. I found myself amused at little oddities on mid that I know why its like that (blame hammer and me being lazy w/ the geometry, if it were something I were detailing I'd spend more time on making it nice). At a guess it seems you haven't encountered or simply aren't big on chin style ctf based on the comments with the drop down shutters. Overall this has basically confirmed to me that the actual routing between mid and the intel is wonky and needs reworking, and that mid is pretty nice. I'll bounce some ideas back n forth with my collab partner, once she watches the video too.

d3adfin

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 21, 2019
yeah personally i'm not a fan of chin style ctf because to me it feels like it encourages that playstyle of 'take mid, send one to cap' that i think is really boring in comparison to forcing large team fights in the intel area

Mâché

Big Ferret
aa
Sep 7, 2015
while the large team fights in intel rooms can be fun in some maps, in a casual setting its difficult to rely on a group of teammates to get the intel; with chinstyle, when someone or a group gets to the intel, they generally only need to worry about fighting their way out of there, and not both in and out; of course, this means you could have a team take over mid and send only one person to get the intel, like you said, but i feel like that scenario is more the product of flawed geometry and not necessarily a flaw in the layout concept