Demo Smoothing.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
This wonderful "demo smoothing" tutorial popped up in my youtube feed and i thought i'd share it here. I've read about 5 smoothing tutorials and none of them have been able to properly explain what the hell is happening or what to do in order to smooth a demo to promote a map, and although it's great that some people offer to do it on your behalf they tend not to be up to the same standards as the mapper hopes for, IE camera clipping through walls, too much blur, too fast, missing key details... etc. But this vid is great and should allow you to do something yourself; exactly how you want it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Db_THGSD8

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
I hate bumping for the sake of bumping, or agreeing with someone. But as Bloodhound said, rocketrascal's tutorial is a lot better. I flip through lots of tf2 reddit links, and I've been seeing a lot of those pyro gameplay video things where the player puts text on the screen for half a second, forcing the audience to pause, rewind and read it themselves. Their reason was that they shouldn't be responsible for the text on the screen as viewers can pause and do it themselves, but actually yes they are. It's just becoming incredibly irritating as this style of video seems to be popping up more and more. /rant

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
It's a fair point, i was just saying that this video was way superior to any written article i've read on the matter. I didn't have any problems with the video i linked but BH's does explain why you do do certain things, such as not using the first or last ticks in a recording.