Delta (Name TBA)

Doppler12

L1: Registered
Sep 10, 2009
This a Symmetrical 5CP.
Please tear this map apart and tell me anything you think would help improve it.

Thanks to Rexy/YM for Dev textures
YM for the placeholder displacements I'm currently using.
ABS for breathing.
Acegikmo for the Lighting Library
And everyone on the swamp theme pack team.
And everyone who gives feedback and constructive Critism.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2010
name is To be Announced, or To be Determined?

your image links are broken (i think you linked to your private folder).

Mar 23, 2010
I had a look around today. You should really get some new pictures up.
cp_delta_a20000.jpg

cp_delta_a20001.jpg

cp_delta_a20002.jpg

cp_delta_a20003.jpg

some textures need to be pakratted (the purple and blackness).i do not know what is causing that white wireframe. im thinking it could be a custom prop not pakratted?

layout was really cool and different than most maps, and some of the gimmicks were really cool. the map seemed kind of open with a lack of cover and a cluster of too many routes. also noticed some sightlines practically made for sniperwars (would recommend more yellow blocks!). the hologram stairs seemed kind of unfair to the attackers and allows one sentry spot to block off the only 2 routes you get (EDIT: found another route; layout is really odd and i love it). some of the yellow blocks were really hard to jump to also (when not scout, or solly/demo).

also thought this staircase looked cool as hell
cp_delta_a20004.jpg

the hologram stairs were cool and the middle point lowering when it is partially capped is cool.

I see a lot of potential. Get a test on this soon pl0x. Interested to see how yellow block land plays.

Last edited:

StickZer0

💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Pointless doorway that's being blocked by those stairs. Move either the stairs or the doorway. Also I really dislike the scare-stair gimmick.

This is the last point - maybe consider making these medium sized?

This point is quite convoluted and only has one actual entrance, and both teams have to share it - I can see that bottlenecking. Also maybe add a little bit of height on the right of the pic, even just 32/64 unit's worth

Add a wall here and maybe later on open it up for detail but right now this is a useless "exit/entrance".

Sniper bloody lines - please add cover!

I'm going to be frank with you - this area is terrible. It is literally flat ground with three huge blocks sticking out of it. There's no real height variation unless you're a soldier, it's far too open so snipers, heavies and wrangler engies will dominate, and there's no health or ammo. Sorry, but this area really must be improved for the next version. Maybe cut off the bottom left corner and turn the area more into a curve, and then add shacks and rocks that you can climb on and go into, with some health and ammo, to break the sightlines and provide more gameplay choices?

If you really want this deathpit, at least add some cover and railings so people are less likely to suddenly fall over it, and also to break the sniper lines I pointed out earlier.

I like this point a lot more, lots of height variation that all classes can access, but regarding the doorway i'm pointing at, why is it not more obvious that you can access it from the other side? Players who don't know it's there have to risk their lives in that atrocious green and orange deathtrap on the other side.

This ramp seems unnecessarily long and tall.

Maybe if you lowered these stairs a bit it would make that ramp better?

Also lower these blocks and make it so you can get up there from the ground floor without having to go up that ridiculously long stair case around the back. I quite liked how the point lowered when you stood on it, but that cuts off the pathway underneath that has ammo+health which is much needed.

Final note:
This is without a doubt, the largest areaportal merge I have EVER seen in a map.

Doppler12

Sep 10, 2009

Yeah I'm planning on getting rid of those, or atleast the stun trigger, because I can just see airblast pyro domination.

Yeah I wasn't really sure what to do there.

was originally designed as a shortcut but its also a complete deathtrap. Probably going block it off like you said, and make them regular stairs.

I'm not sure entirely how to go about that, and I'm still not sure it'll be a big deal once the middle cap has been taken because then only one team is going to spawn in their base.

I was pretty sure of that, just they were placeholders till I decide on a theme. probably going to make them buildings and stick some health in them like you said.

Sounds like a plan.

There are at least 2 signs pointing to that doorway in their base, not sure how much more signage I should put up or a better way to go about it.

Probably going to shorten it and make them stairs.

Not sure how that would help? Please elaborate.

Probably going to surround it in stairs, Aztec temple style.

What command is that, and I'll see what I can do.

Mr.Late

L7: Fancy Member
Nov 27, 2009
One thing: HUGE sightlines. You should really scale this map down. It have potential!

Ninjilla

L420: High Member
Sep 13, 2008
The U shape of the map is confusing, especially with that large pit (the first thing I wanted to do was stick jump over it), and at one time we had 3 demos on the opposite side.

Doppler12

Sep 10, 2009
The U shape of the map is confusing, especially with that large pit (the first thing I wanted to do was stick jump over it), and at one time we had 3 demos on the opposite side.

I didn't know the Demo had a pole vault pole as a weapon?:p
also I'm gonna try and make the V/U shape work dammit...;)
Also A3 is up. Please berate my horrible art skills. :O

Rikka

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 10, 2009
One thing I didn't mention in the test is the area up the stairs outside mid. The teams met up their on the opening rush once, and I can't say I liked it. Compared to the actual cap area itself its a very boring poor for the opening conflict to occur.