delicious sticky caps video

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by A Boojum Snark, Nov 16, 2009.

1. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    One of my favorite aspects of ADCTF, even though it causes havoc for balancing. I'm so used to doing this stuff from my TFC days.

The voice commentary here was just so perfect I had to go snag the STV demo and whip up a video :p larger res HD is available if you go to the page, which you may be inclined to do since I use some wide angles where you can't see much otherwise.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7VhlOJnG38"]YouTube- CTF Premuda sticky jump captures[/ame]

• Thanks Thanks x 10
  2. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Ha, that was Crazy Swiss going crazy on the mic wasn't it? :p That guy was funny. I heard all of that and wondered what had actually happened.

3. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach

Positive Ratings:
    I think my scout jumping to keep from falling to my death was quite ridiculous. Had that pyro not air-blasted me onto the roof, it would have been all over. And then for you to follow it up like that...just epic. I think I said it a few times too.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  4. Dr. ROCKZO

Dr. ROCKZO L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well done, and always a potential flaw in instant caps, it was executed with great timing.

5. Big Daddy

Big Daddy L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    lmao the pyro is awesome
    and you do epic stickies jumps..i hate demos like you they can get kills so easy(and get killed as well)

6. Jack Riguel

Jack Riguel L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Ahahahha. That was brilliant. I do this all the time on the other maps that don't have cancel zones. Well played.

7. Cameron:D

Cameron:D L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    maaaaaadddd!
    :O

8. martijntje

martijntje L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    This is why you always need a roof on top of your captire area (at least for ctf)

9. Cameron:D

Cameron:D L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Nah, you just need to ensure your team has some good sollys who can airshot well

10. eerieone

aa eerieone

Positive Ratings:
    You don´t need a roof on every cp, that would make a map less versatile if there was only one way to approach the capzone. One guy standing in the blockzone would have been enough. Why not award people for a dariing move, if it works, great, if not they land with low health and get gibbed instantly.

Great Caps there ABS :D, well deserved win

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  11. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Nope the Demoman is 100% not OP.

12. Radaka

Radaka L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Ah... my favorite part about this gamemode. I prefer doing with with FaN scout and sentry jumping though :)

13. eerieone

aa eerieone

Positive Ratings:
    Another nice move is to get overhealed and let the sentry-pushback carry you through the capzone :D

14. Big Daddy

Big Daddy L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    btw this is the best sticky jump
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqwG87bX3t4"]YouTube- Team Fortress 2 Sticky Bomb Intelligence Trick[/ame]

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  15. Fraz

aa Fraz Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.

Positive Ratings:
    eh I've seen cooler/better Big Daddy. I've done that myself quite a few times :S

16. General_Norris

General_Norris L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I love the "SON OF A BITCH" part. And tha guy who said that loved it so much he repeated it several times.

17. Shmitz

aa Shmitz Old Hat

Positive Ratings:
    This is one of the reasons I dislike A/D CTF so much. It'd be awesome if everyone got to play blue all the time, but that's not exactly how the game works.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  18. TheBladeRoden

TheBladeRoden L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    yeah in ADCTF you pretty much need a couple people standing on the CP at all times to prevent sneak caps.

19. littleedge

aa littleedge L1111: Clipping Guru

Positive Ratings:
    Or create a map with points similar to those already in Haarp and Vector. Vector 3-1 is the nucleus one. You can't rocket jump into it without precise aiming, but there are many different ways to get to it. Haarp 1-1 is the one through the window. If you try to rocket jump up there, any sentry will push you back. But that sentry is easy to kill from the other sides if the rest of RED doesn't bug you. Vector 2-1 is one that is simple to rocket jump above the metal sniper walls, but because of how it's positioned and where the enemy team is most likely located, it's not as easy as it could be.
    Premuda has more open and vertical play, and this allows for such caps.

20. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach

Positive Ratings:
    I have to say, I disliked ctf a/d a lot when the concept and the maps were new, but I can really say they've grown on me a lot. Much more than plr.

• Thanks Thanks x 1