KotH Degeneration

DrLambda

L69: Teeheehee, Member
aa
Feb 18, 2015
So, thanks everyone for playing in the imp and giving feedback. I'm getting mixed results for the building between spawn. While noone was using it for the gameday, in the imp it became quite spammy and spawncampy. I have to think about that. I really want to have a way for sneaky classes to get behind the enemy team without directly crossing the paths, but the way it was used to spawn camp on the imp was really what i tried to avoid by making it that big.
I'm also getting mixed results about the general size of the map. I mean, it's way smaller than koth_badlands, but i still get quite a few people telling me the map is too big/expansive.
I might try to even throw out the idea of the off-center CP, but i don't really see the point in continuing to develop the map in that case rather than start a new one, simply because that was the basic idea behind it.

*Edit: Question: How cheap of a solution would one-way-door be?

Last edited:

DrLambda

L69: Teeheehee, Member
aa
Feb 18, 2015
So, i tried everything to make this work, but whatever i plan out, there simply is no satisfying solution to the problems the map has.
I think i went over 3-4 different iterations of how a building that splits the ways to cap differently would work, but i'm coming up with nothing i could tolerate.

I'm not completely done with the map, i enjoy quite a few things about it, but should i ever continue, it'll probably be a complete reboot with new planning and a blank vmf.

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Yeah stick with the theme and just change the layout. Some abandoned buildings atop a mountain is nice. Not sure why either team would want to fight over them though.