1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Decompiled Badlands

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Scoobingsthe2nd, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Scoobingsthe2nd

Scoobingsthe2nd L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I remember there used to be an official maps decompiled section, did we ever add badlands to that list, and where did that thread go?

2. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
  3. Scoobingsthe2nd

Scoobingsthe2nd L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    That's so weird, I was looking for like 20 minutes last night.... I swear it wasn't there until you said it.

4. phatal

phatal L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Try using the search options. Works wonders. :D

5. ColdFire

ColdFire L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Did someone try to recompile Badlands?
    Using the decompiled badland vmt, I wanted to augment the capture time of CPs 1 and 5, because my community don't like them to be captured this fast.
    I launched the compilation yesterday evening (around 8:45pm), time is now 9:37am and I'm still at portal compiling in vvis.exe (I checked this morning, I was at 6...7.).
    Is it normal?
    My compilation computer is a core2duo @3Ghz and 2Gigs of ram, with vista.
    The "last modified" dates of the mapsrc files are no earlier than yesterday 8:45pm...
    Has the compilation crashed or is it normal?
    Thank you

6. Narkissus

Narkissus L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Recompiling decompiled maps is always a bad idea. No, it most likely hasnt crashed. But the optimization and pretty much everything gets messed up when you decompile. Fine to look at to see how they may do some stuff, but recompiling will take forever. And the map wont even turn out right.

7. ColdFire

ColdFire L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks Narkissus. So there's no way to make a small modification to Badlands?

8. Paria

Paria L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings: