Deathrun map help

Gabo

L1: Registered
Apr 27, 2020
I'm making a deathrun map and I want to do is only get one player on the blue team, also, there are servers that has all classes run at the same speed and not having weapons. Is there an entity or a command that needs to be added to my map?
Thank you.

alexrox360

L1: Registered
Jun 9, 2020
I believe the server configurations are the server's specific setup, because the same map can be played on different servers, but the servers could run a different mode than the others. I think there may be some other configs you may have to make for a deathrun map, but I don't know all of them.
The best way to start is by making a bunch of spawn points for red team, and one for blue team.

Last edited:

Pinsplash

bad bad bad
May 8, 2016
yes, those things are happening due to server plugins, which are completely separate from maps. you the mapper have no control over these aspects and you should just design for "normal" behavior

Pinewabble

L2: Junior Member
Dec 22, 2015
you could probably do something similar with "trigger_add_or_remove_tf_player_attributes" and then filtering out different classes (with filter_tf_class) and changing their speed with "move speed penalty" / "move speed bonus" attributes to match each other?

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Forget about servers running melee-only or flat rate run speed. You should design your deathrun maps for normal class weapons, run speeds and health. That way it will work well in all server environments. Test your map as a Heavy, Pyro and Scout to make sure distances can be jumped across, and employ slowing-down measures for fast classes, like obstacles, static hazards and so on.

You can set up a TF2 server on your computer and install SourceMod and a deathrun plugin to simulate the environment and have the team switching but you don't really need it.

Remember that at the start of the map the most players will be alive so don't build narrow traps designed for one player at a time there, or you'll make it very cramped and will kill a lot of people unfairly. Start with easy traps designed for multiple players and end with hard traps designed for single players.