PL Deathpit

Acadium

Playtest Extraordinaire
Apr 20, 2013
So this is my first map I have posted here. I have done a lot of very small, stupid maps that haven't gotten past a2 at their most, and only one at that. This is my second map ever with even a completed goal system. (Other was a KOTH that I abandoned after about 2 weeks)

So this is pl_deathpit. This is a very gimmickey, small map. You teleport to leave spawn, and you teleport to the corresponding signs. If you step off the cart or off the ledges into that little channel, it's instant death.

Yeah I know, stupid map idea, but that's why it's small. I'm still very new to mapmaking, and this is just a way of exploring the way the Source engine works.

So should xI texture now and call it done (along with bug fixes) or should I make this a map with more capture points, and actually make it a map? Perhaps this is just a section? Perhaps it is the gimmick for the whole map.

Notable bugs
Bug fixes on the way- give me one day :D

Thank you for any feedback!

Last edited:

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
Ambient indoor lighting can be achieved by setting the constant, linear, and quadratic of the light entities. For example, setting a light's constant-linear-quadratic to 1-0-0 will result in a light that is fully constant, meaning it doesn't diminish over any distance. You can learn more about this from this handy tutorial.

Your trigger_teleports need to allow clients to trigger them. Click the 'Flags' tab at the top of the selected trigger_teleport's panel, and then check the checkbox that says Client.

You are going to get flak about it being gimmicky, and it is gimmicky, but these types of maps are good for experimenting with the entities that TF2 uses. (I made a few similar ones when I started out).

Acadium

Playtest Extraordinaire
Apr 20, 2013
Ah thank you very much! That fixed my stuff!

Also thank you for your kind words! I will edit the post to remind everyone that this is really just a test for me.

Thank you!