Deathmatch maps

deadsource

L3: Member
Jul 11, 2011
Are there any simple DM type maps out there? Seems like having TF2 be a DM game with a goal (PL, CP, TC, etc.) are the only options as far as I can see. Would be fun to just run around killing people with no other goal.

Deodorant

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2011
I'm pretty sure I've seen a number of dm_ maps in the server browser. I tried joining one of the recurring ones once, and it was terrible. It was a single giant flat room full of Demomen.

I think it should be possible to make an enjoyable dm map, though, and I'd kinda like to play one. It's basically just a dumber version of Arena, and Arena is a cool mode.

GPuzzle

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 27, 2012
I think it should be possible to make an enjoyable dm map, though, and I'd kinda like to play one. It's basically just a dumber version of Arena, and Arena is a cool mode.

Arena takes the fast pace from dm maps and puts it in an actual place where you can fight, add the strategy of KOTH and the penalty of "You die, it's over", so it's really tactical if you get everything right.
And it can bring some awesome moments, such as a Spy stabbing a Medic, headshotting a Soldier and a Demo and being thrown off the cliff by a Pyro that also got headshotted.
I was the Pyro.

Last edited:

deadsource

L3: Member
Jul 11, 2011
Having an ordinary DM seems like a lot of fun. Arena (for me) is too serious of a game mode. I'll try and make a DM map. Currently it's having its problems but hopefully they'll be fixed...

jimmy4213

L1: Registered
Apr 24, 2013
I've seen severs that have something called gungame where it's dm but ever kill give you a new class and gun