Deathmatch Gamemode?

Does this Gamemode sound fun?

• Total voters

Mythics

L1: Registered
Mar 27, 2017
SO... how to start this... Ever since I've played Hightower, I've wanted to have a gamemode that actually fitted the way most players play Hightower; like a deathmatch. the closest gamemode I've found is pd (player destruction). The only big difference is that in pd, you have to collect the "items" that your enemies drop and bring them to a collection site to count them as points; while in the deathmatch gamemode I want, every time a enemy dies, whether by the other team or not, the other team gets a point and the team with the most points by the end of the time limit wins. If both teams have the same points by the end of the time limit, it goes into overtime and who ever gets the next point wins. I myself, don't understand most of hammer's logic system(s?) to be able to make this gamemode possible, but I do know that others are smart enough to figure it out. So my request to anyone who thinks that they could make this gamemode, is to make it and tell me when you do. Also I do know that with my luck, someone has already made the gamemode and if so, please tell me. I have some cool map ideas for the gamemode just waiting to be used and I can't wait to be able to use them. So until then, have a nice day!

also this might be in the wrong forum so if someone could put this in the right one that would be nice. :p

[Rx.] Christian Troy

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 23, 2017
Would be nice to finally have that gamemode with some options. I have a server and map that could really use it. Closest I could do for that one is set it up as ctf with the round enitiy and let the timer run out for a stalemate.

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
The problem you face is attributing kills to a team. You can make counts of deaths but those can be faked by suicides. It's possible to increase the score on the Player Destruction HUD manually using logic now, too, which is useful but like I said, separating genuine kills from deaths isn't possible (as far as I know). Your best option is a SourceMod plugin.

The reason PD has collectable items and a central drop-off point is to encourage class diversity and teamwork. If players are forced to visit every part of the map then they put themselves at risk to pyros, spies and engineers and so on, and they have to work together to overcome obstacles. Otherwise players would just choose soldiers and demomen and bugger off on their own.

Mythics

L1: Registered
Mar 27, 2017
You can make counts of deaths but those can be faked by suicides.
when I was typing up the post, I almost included this: "(including deaths like: cratering, suicide, falling off a cliff, ext)" It was left out because I couldn't figure out a way to put it in without it being very out of place.

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
In player destruction, suicides or deaths in spawn do not drop cores. To solve the last issue of having to go to a specific zone, just cover the entire map in a capture zone trigger, and leave it active throughout the whole match. As soon as a player gets a core, it will be immediately captured. This also removes the side effect of having someone seeable through walls, which is a plus for your gamemode. Only issue is, the cores will have to be collected before awarding a point, like kill confirmed from CoD.