Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Muddy, May 16, 2015.
3cp attack/defend map.
Danielle not good enough for you?
Is alpha Danielle's last name?
We don't even get descriptions anymore? Is that how fast you are releasing these maps?
I'm sure taking 30 seconds typing up a brief description is really bogging down everyone's mapping process.
She should probably at least explain what type of cp map it is, but no need to be rude about it.
Sorry, it was 4am and I really wanted to go to bed.
Might also explain why I forgot to add directional signs. Oops.
Nope. But I did almost name the thread Danielle.
Looks purty. Hyped to play this eventually.
I assume this is 3cp a/d?
Look at map description. Then delete your post.
Or is this a "my head->the joke->whoosh" thing?
It wasn't there when I posted that.
Oh, in that case
Anyone wanna comment on the map anytime soon?
Since I only got to play one round as each team yesterday, I loaded up the map again to get a better look.
It didn't feel like the dropdown in the C area was that much of a shortcut to A, so I recorded the times it took for a scout to run that route and the "normal" one, and both had about the same travel time. I would suggest one of two things:
Giving red a forward spawn, or
Having the dropdown route spit you out closer to A to make it more viable for defenders, and then adding a door that closes when A is capped so that blu can't use it as a shortcut to C and red can't use it to get behind blu (like Mountainlab).
As it stands right now, red basically has to run the entire length of the map after respawning, and that gives blu plenty of time to cap A before they are contested again.
The resupply locker in blu spawn is in a direct sightline from the door, so spawncampers will likely have an easy time keeping people away from it. For example: http://i.imgur.com/CX0qSAG.jpg (taken from atop small rock)
This shutter door doesn't close: http://i.imgur.com/rsyW89D.jpg
To help red hold A, consider another entrance on this orange wall: http://i.imgur.com/8byLykL.jpg
which could possibly start as a staircase in this white wall: http://i.imgur.com/DegXa6J.jpg
Thanks! I did notice that A would get capped very quickly and someone pointed out that it was easier for RED to defend it from the alleyway beside it rather than from the point itself. And I have ideas for forward spawns/shortcuts for each team, so I'll get those in in the next version.
Also, the shutter door isn't supposed to close. I thought it was a neat little gimmick in Gorge so I threw it in for larks.
It's version a3! I skipped uploading a2 because of reasons.
* added RED shortcut that closes after Control Point A is captured
* added BLU shortcut that opens after Control Point B is captured
* added a small tower around Control Point C (serving mainly to close up the area a little and provide cover for attackers)
* closed a doorway on Control Point A
* added nobuild onto the control points
* added route to Control Point A
* changed windows in the hut next to Control Point A so you can walk through them
* added another window to the hut by Control Point B for larks
* removed useless drop-down route between Control Points B and C
* shortened cap time of Control Point C
* set the control point props to change skin when captured (another issue related to mapping at 4am)
* changed BLU's forward spawn:
- removed the fence and sign that was in front of it
- extended the walkway to reach the window by the hut beside it
* fixed players being able to build in RED's spawn shortcut
* removed Far Z clipping
* added health and ammo packs
* made the silent door not silent
* replaced empty dumptruck prop with the not empty dumptruck prop
* added fenceposts around the Control Point B building
* added an extra route to C that opens when B is captured
* clipped off the ladder on Control Point A
* disabled shadows on some props
Separate names with a comma.