Dancing Demomen

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Kill_the_Bug, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hi,

I'm trying to build in some humour into my map - trying to find out how I can do it but doesn't seem to be working so far but here it is.

1. I have a boat - follows boatpath - on my lake - it's not moving when map starts - I want to make it static it just goes round and round the track - do I select the flag tf1 tracktrain? What's that flag for anyways? How do I get it to start?

2. On the boat on the bow at the point I have a medic, in the center I have a demo and and the back I have a heavy. When selecting the model I use taunt 08 so that they do the funky dance move. Problem is when round starts they are just dead bodies. I mean if it comes to a worse case sceanrio the dead bodies will also work. How do I insert the models and still get them to dance?

3. Now with regard to two I didn't see the "Parent" option so I tried to add it in via the smart edit - will this work to link them to the train?

My goal is to have a boat with dancing men on it going around in the middle of a raging battle to add some humour into the map :p

2. Loc_n_lol

Loc_n_lol L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    It's for half-life 1 compatibility, probably shouldn't use that flag, ever. To make it start you use another entity (logic_auto for example) to send it a starttrain input.

If it's not there, probably not. What kind of entity did you use anyway ?

3. Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    Prop_ragdoll

going to try prop_dynamic now

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  4. TheKieranator

TheKieranator L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Prop_ragdoll? Well that's why! You need prop_dynamics, parented to the boat, and with the default animation set to whatever animation it is you want.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for that - I have used the prop_ragdoll for the bodies floating in the water - sounds creepy I know but it looks cool.

My other issue is that the boat snaps to the path - in the reverse direction - and stays put - it won't move - any ideas on that?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  6. Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    Loc_n_lol and Keiranator - I just wanted to gie you big thank you for your help on this!

I now have my boat working on the tracktrain - on the boat I have a dancing medic, heay, demo and pyro. - they all take a nice boat trip around the lake!

7. Wander

Wander L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Animating class props give ping issues, i posted here how to fix that

summary:

8. Beetle

Beetle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    and so do very many prop_ragdolls. actually not ping, just lag.