Custom soundscape

Blinx

L69: Deviant Member
Mar 14, 2016
I'm trying to make a custom Soundscape for a minecraft themed map, but I can't seem to get it to play in-game. Soundscape debug shows that the entities do exist and are trying to play. This is what my Soundscape looks like:

"minecraft.rainyoutside"
{
"playlooping"
{
"volume" ".5"
"pitch" "100"
"wave" "map/rain4.wav"
}

"playrandom"
{
"time" "12,20"
"volume" "0.8,1"
"position" "0"
"rndwave"
{
"wave" "map/thunder1.wav"
"wave" "map/thunder2.wav"
"wave" "map/thunder3.wav"
}
}
}

"minecraft.rainyinside"
{
"playlooping"
{
"volume" ".35"
"pitch" "100"
"wave" "map/rainmuffled.wav"
}

"playrandom"
{
"time" "12,20"
"volume" "0.6,0.8"
"position" "0"
"rndwave"
{
"wave" "map/thunder1.wav"
"wave" "map/thunder2.wav"
"wave "map/thunder3.wav"
}
}
}

I have:

Made a copy of Soundscapes_manifest and placed it in tf/scripts, adding the above soundscape file to the bottom of the list
Placed the above Soundscape file in tf/scripts
Double checked all the sounds are in the right folder
Looped the rain sounds using Goldwave

Is there something I'm missing?

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Your script looks okay to me. Try putting it in a file in tf/scripts named soundscapes_your_map_name_a1.txt and remove your custom soundscape manifest. The game will look for a soundscape file with the same name as the map when it loads it. So if your map is named cp_bumsocks_a1, your soundscape file would be soundscapes_cp_bumsocks_a1.txt.

Also, double check the fields of your env_soundscape entities.

Blinx

Mar 14, 2016
Ah, thank you, the name of the soundscape file was what was wrong. Do I need to do anything special when packing this up to make sure the soundscape file gets packed with it?

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
As long as you use the right naming convention that I mentioned above, your packing program should pick it up fine. CompilePal definitely does, but if you use VIDE or Pakrat, best to double check and pack it manually if they didn't.

Blinx

Mar 14, 2016
coolio, thanks for the help.