Custom poster alpha issue

Khuntza

L4: Comfortable Member
Dec 29, 2009
Ive created a custom poster overlay using photoshop.. the source file is a tga with an alpha channel used to make the texture 512x512.

I've got it in hammer and showing in game however there is a light gray boarder that shows around the outer edge..

WTFLine.jpg

You can see the line parallel to the bottom of the poster. It also seems to do it around the bottom edge of the actual poster itself..

I've googled the problem and found another user with the same issue but didn't seem to get to the bottom of it. - Angry Ed - http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=3073&page=9

After playing around with the different options in VTFedit and with the vmt ive had no success.. Im pretty sure it will be a photoshop setting behind it all, though Angry Ed posts saying he tried using gimp and still had the same result..

Help!

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
For the edges you need to turn on Clamp T and S in the VTF, this prevents the compression from tiling around the edges (that line at the bottom is from the top of the image). For the edge of the poster itself, I think you need to just add color around the ouside of the image and left the alpha channel handle the edge, as I assume what is happening is the "background" is bleending out from under the alpha mask due to compression and such.