custom particles not working on 1 map.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by lunarpumpkin, Aug 31, 2016.

1. lunarpumpkin

lunarpumpkin L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    i have a few particles from a few out sources that i loaded for my map, they work on a small test room but when i run hammer on my main map with the particles in it , they particles just wont show and it keep saying "Attemped to precache unknown particle system".

Now i know about particle manifest for when you finish and assemble the map but the particles worked in the test rooms without the particle manifest. A hammer test run is working with the test rooms, but with the same particle system is not working on my own map when doing a test run.

anyone know what could be the cause?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  2. lunarpumpkin

Positive Ratings:
    how do i delete my own post , found a work around , all good, close this k thx.

3. Fragancia

Fragancia L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    How about you type out what you did to fix your issue so people who may run into the same issue can find the fix by searching.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. lunarpumpkin

Positive Ratings:
    in the map folder, doing a textfile with "yourmapname"_particles.txt and putting the particles of the particle manifest there instead of the particle.manifest particle folder

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. Vel0city

aa Vel0city personal pick-pocketing parrot

Positive Ratings:
    That's what you're supposed to do in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 1
Tags: