Custom particle issue.

Mould

L2: Junior Member
Apr 9, 2010
My friend made some custom particles for our map, in order to make our waterfall look more totally-not-made-of-brushes-guys. However, these particles crashed my game and we were worried it would happen to others aswell.

I removed the info_particle_system but the map still crashes my game. It's a real problem, as I am unable to test sticky jumps due to the game crashing every time I try. What should I do?

___

And now for 2 more unrelated problems.

A. I have sucessfully created areaportals, however theres a problem with one of them. When I look at it, it is like looking out into the void. It is like that until you go through it. It is not joined to any doors, it starts open, and it's not leaking. (Or so I have read in the compile log ( which I don't currently have access to as my partner has the latest vmf)) The rest of the area portals work fine and this one is exactly the same, but it's broken.

B. The map is a ctf map, which means we are unable to test with bots. How can we test the layout without any players? Ideally we'd play 6v6 with 5 bots each but that is not currently possible. Is there either a way to find players willing to help test or get bots to work on ctf?

-Fail mapper D=

Nimelrian

Jun 13, 2010
Particles: Dunno

A: There must be a leak. Post the compile log, just for checking.

B: TFMaps map-testing day?

Mould

Apr 9, 2010
Will check on that interlopers site when I get ahold of the vmf again.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
If you removed the particles then they're not what's crashing your game. Check for any weird errors in the compile log, save as a different filename, or copypasta everything into a fresh map.

A) Are you sure it's open? Is there a door tied to it, or anything else that would make it close?

B) Once your map doesn't crash players throw it up for gameday or try to get an impromptu going in chat.

Mould

Apr 9, 2010
I can't put any of the brushes in a new file.

Hammer crashes every time I try D=

Anyone got any other ideas?? It's getting to the point where I almost wanna post the vmf up, just in case someone spots something really obvious.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Do you have any power of 4 displacements in your map?

Mould

Apr 9, 2010
Do you have any power of 4 displacements in your map?

Ah, found one. Changed it to 2. Will try a compile soon, when we've done a little bit more work.

Thanks a lot, working now :D

Only need to fix a couple of things, set up some hints and we have alpha

Last edited: