Custom models on a live server

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by willv, May 22, 2019.

1. willv

willv L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I recently made a slightly edited version of an existing TF2 map. I added a reskined model to replace some components of the old map and look kind of goofy. Locally and on a separate computer the map runs fine when I view it as Create Server. I got it loaded onto the server I play on and the reskin was now the standard model and other dynamic_props had reverted to ERROR which were actually Saxton Hale models.

Is there a server setting I can use to view what it would look like in a live server? I thought it might be sv_pure related but I haven't found anything in my searches indicating what I did wrong or what server command might of been required.

2. Erk

Server Staff Erk erk

Positive Ratings:
    sv_pure 2 is the command to check if a custom asset is packed into the bsp

• Like Like x 1
  3. willv

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks heaps for the reply, I didn't realise it went up to 2. Looks like the server it was put on has Models and specific things as Trusted Sources Only, which I assume might be the cause?

I only used Hammer to compile it. Would using VIDE possibly solve the issue?

4. Da Spud Lord

aa Da Spud Lord L0: Crappy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hammer will not pack assets into the map. You will need to use a packing tool, such as VIDE, to do that.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. willv

Positive Ratings:
    Aaah my stupid, thanks so much for the replies.