Custom character models?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jahrain

L1: Registered
Jan 5, 2008
I was wondering if it is possible to create custom character models for the different character classes. If so, how could it be done? I was thinking about starting a tf2 female character class mod.

SaerisHawkeye

Jan 17, 2008
well, i'm sure you could go and make the models in XSI or Maya or something equivalent, however, i wouldn't know how you could go and force those models on a particular map. players interested enough could download the model files as a game modification and they'd be able to see them in game, but only they would. it's sort of like the custom weapon skins you find on places like fpsbanana.

doing something like this would definately be a client-side mod. I don't think it'd be possible to do this as a server side mod.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Its definatly about time someone started some female character models, If only I knew how to model/had some software I'd have done it already.

If someone wants to do some models but can't texture I'd be happy to give texturing a model a go :)

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I dug up some pictures from a while back: (these aren't mine)
engineer_sketch.jpg

tf2_ladiesnight_hr.jpg

meet_the_demogirl.jpg

this would be an awesome mod for TF2 imo

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
last pic is ace. would be a cool mod but only a mod with diffrent characters would be lame.

Ganon11

Dec 22, 2007
I think it would be a cool update for VALVe to do - release female versions of each character and allow people to choose which they'd rather be.

I'd probably still stick with the male soldier, though - something about his whole attitude bowls me over with laughter every time.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
yeah someone should make it as a mod, character models, animations, voices...the lot
then they should send them to valve and ask for a sum of money in return for valve putting them as an option 'male models/female models'

Redfox

Apr 24, 2012
Idk how to make models myself, so I can't help you there. But hey, I want to learn too. As far as allowing players to choose which character models to use in your server, https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=164630 will allow everyone on the server to choose from a list of models you have installed on your server. Everyone who downloads the models will see them, not just the clients who have reskinned their own model files.

You will also need https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=69005&highlight=sourcemod+downloader or something similar to force the clients to download the model so they can all see it. If they don't download it, they will see red ERROR blocks moving around where the players are.

This is an example of what the players will be able to do, if you have installed the models and plugins correctly. (MLPFIM in this video, just so you know, if you don't like ponies... Again, it's just an example.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWuQaW18gWQ

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
This thread has been dead for over five years. Five. Years. Making an account just to necro a thread this dead is definitely unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.