Custom Audio Problems

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Nicky, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Nicky

aa Nicky Lets try something new!

Positive Ratings:
    I'm working on my April Fools map, which uses custom sounds. I have a lot of them, and they are all saved/exported under the same settings, and most of them work in game. However some of them dont, and I am told in the console that they have a bad sample rate. I've tried exporting them as the correct rate (44100) but it still gives me the error. Does anyone know a way t fix this, or maybe a program that can tell me what the sample rate for the audio file actually is?

Screenshot (42).png

What I'm told in Audacity:
    Screenshot (44).png

2. Izotope

aa Izotope Never releases maps

Positive Ratings:
    Simple, don't change the sample rate where you've been changing it, only change it on the bottom left. (At least it's there for me)
    [​IMG]

3. Nicky

Positive Ratings:
    @Izotope
    Yeah I forgot to mention it's set there as 44100, I even set the default project rate in my preferences to be 44100 specifically for making sound for maps and sfm. I even tried completely remaking the sounds from scratch, but it still doesn't work.

4. Dr. Orange

Dr. Orange L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    You need to set the sampling rate when exporting the file, if my audacity knownledge serves me right. Set the file format to Windows 16-bit or something wav, and in the properties (accessed by pressing the "properties" button) set the sampling rate to 44100hz. The in-audacity sampling rate doesn't affect the exported sampling rate directly, I think.

5. Nicky

Positive Ratings:
    So can I only use wavs? Or afterwards can I export it back as a mp3 as it saves a lot of space. And I'm also having trouble finding this "properties" button, could you post a screenshot of it? Or at least tell me where I can find it?

6. Dr. Orange

Dr. Orange L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    I'm using non-english language settings, but it should still be there.
    However, it seems like wav doesn't have export options, so I guess just exporting it as wav should work.

7. Nicky

Positive Ratings:
    I do not have a button there. Was there an update to audacity that I missed, like did you recently just install it?

8. Izotope

aa Izotope Never releases maps

Positive Ratings:
    These settings aren't available for WAVs, though, only for MP3 and other formats, and it's not even sampling rate settings.
    Make sure you have these quality settings:
    [​IMG]

If all else fails you could post your sounds here and somebody will get the right sample rate for you.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016