Cubemap related crashing?

Starting today, does building HDR cubemaps crash/ freeze TF2 for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Just wanted a quick poll of anyone mapping lately. When you build HDR cubemaps, does the game freeze up/ crash? Seems to be AFTER building them, at least.

I've experienced it myself now, and heard from a few people that they are getting the same issue. Just want to see if it's a wide spread problem, or just a coincidence.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
my game crashes on close Sometimes as of today (last night?), which means when using CompilePal cubemaps (which close the game after building) it crashes, so far the crash happened to be after the HDR ones

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
I don't know if I'll vote in a solid "yes" but, today, while also using CompilePal, I got a TF2 freeze while building LDR cubemaps. I ended the hl2.exe process and it carried on, moving to HDR without any problems. Tried again for both LDR and HDR and it went over fine. Hasn't happened before today though.

Glubbable

L2: Junior Member
Sep 1, 2013
I just checked, my game didn't crash when building LDR or HDR cubemaps. Also to note I don't use any custom compiler either.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
im wondering if its the On Close part thats important here, since CompilePal force closes the game when its done building cubemaps

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
I build cubemaps normally ingame for both ldr and hdr and i havent noticed any issues on freezing.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
yea im crashing damn near every time i try to close the game so im def leaning toward it being that