ctf_yard Beta

DrPhysCannon

L1: Registered
Mar 26, 2008
yardcopyhk7.jpg

My Map has reached beta phase. ^^

Like the name suggests its a capture the flag map. The structure is pretty parallel, while trying to keep an unique look to each side (Red and Blu). The Map itself isnt that big, although there are lots of tunnels connecting booth sides of the map. In the middle of the map theres some shallow water. The Flags are in the warehouses.

yardtopdownnd0.jpg

ctfyardb1c0007copyqg0.jpg

ctfyardb1c0004copyqa3.jpg

ctfyardb1c0005copyre7.jpg

If you are interested and want to play it feel free to download it below.
If you have an server and decide to give it a try,
then I would be glad to hear your thoughts about the map. :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HEQOP6FI
http://rapidshare.com/files/115918477/ctf_yard_b1c.bsp.html

Last edited:
T

The Asylum

<nitpick>Why are the two billboards so close together? Prop or not, their face side should still be clearly identifiable from a distance

Arhurt

L6: Sharp Member
May 7, 2008
<nitpick>Why are the two billboards so close together? Prop or not, their face side should still be clearly identifiable from a distance

I think it's for a comedy touch. I like it, It's on the same absurdity line as having 2 forts face to face divided by a dozen meters and a bridge.

Good work there!

DrPhysCannon

L1: Registered
Mar 26, 2008
@taotd
Ive added those boards for decoration purpose. It doesnt really matter if you cant see them from every angle. Maybe I add a decal on each side saying "Red/Blu" just to make sure, but I think its pretty clear which side belongs to which team. ^^

@MangyCarface

Great that you liked it. :laugh:
Ill change the water texture size next time I update the map.

@Arhurt

Thanks.
Yeah I was inspired by 2Forts quite a bit. It has the same sky too. ;)

Upadte.:

-Rapidshare Link added!
-2 pics added!

tedrock

L2: Junior Member
Apr 20, 2008
have you thought about putting brick or concrete around the holes in the dirt? looks a little funny with holes cut right out of the sand