CTF CTF_Teufortress B2

A twist on the CTF gamemode that utilizes a KOTH point and Medieval mode

1. rmstexas

rmstexas L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    CTF_Teucastle - A twist on the CTF gamemode that utilizes a KOTH point and Medieval mode

This map has been a passion project of mine for a couple of years. I've been working on it on and off and am so happy to finally release it. It's a "medieval hybrid CTF KOTH map" (I know, it's alot). It plays like CTF, but you can cap the central point to give your team an advantage. I'd say that this is my first "finished" map but that doesn't mean in not open to change, fell free to offer opinions and suggest changes, I'll try my best to read all of them. Thank you so much for checking this map out. Have a good day!

2. YOYOYO

aa YOYOYO l666: Member of the Sacred Duck

Positive Ratings:
    Interesting to see a medieval map with so many ambitious ideas in it. I'd like to see how this map progresses!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Yakibomb

Yakibomb L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    This is a really cool looking map! I'd love to give it a shot with other players.

I noticed you couldn't jump out of the windows. Any way you could indicate to players that you can't without the invisible barrier? I would suggest metal bars, but that isn't very homey feeling, hah.

EDIT: Also, there are no cubemaps.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  4. rmstexas

Positive Ratings:
    To be honest, I didn't think about putting details in the windows, I'll try to add something that looks good. Also forgot about cubemaps. (Maybe this map isn't as finished as i thought it was) Thanks for the input, its really appreciated!

5. YOYOYO

Positive Ratings:
    Alright, now to do a little criticism. First I must say, this map has an interesting and original gimmick that is executed quite well, but I wouldn't consider the visuals "final." All I could tell you is to do more beams and outlines. You have quite a few well done outlines, but you could do with more. Also anther thing, when you die in the icy water the HUD says you were killed by a train... y'know, as you do in medieval xD. Its easy to fix this, you just need to change an option in the trigger hurt. Good Luck!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. rmstexas

Positive Ratings:
    Alright, I'll try to add some more detail. Thank you so much!

7. YOYOYO

Positive Ratings:
    You're welcome ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. rmstexas

Positive Ratings:
    *Added many minor texturing details

*Fixed a bug that caused dying in the cold water to showe up as a train kill (Thanks to YOYOYO)

*Added cover and furniture in various locations

*Made it more obvious that you cannot go out of the windows (Thanks to Yackibomb)

*Updated map pictures

(More updates to come!)

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Funny Funny x 1