72hr ctf_steam A4

A steampunk-themed reverse-ctf map.

1. 200

200 L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    ctf_steam - A steampunk-themed reverse-ctf map.

Although many works now considered seminal to the genre were published in the 1960s and 1970s, the term steampunk originated in the late 1980s as a tongue-in-cheek variant of cyberpunk. It was coined by science fiction author K. W. Jeter, who was trying to find a general term for works by Tim Powers (The Anubis Gates, 1983); James Blaylock (Homunculus, 1986); and himself (Morlock Night, 1979, and Infernal Devices, 1987)—all of which took place in a 19th-century (usually Victorian) setting and imitated conventions of such actual Victorian speculative fiction as H. G. Wells' The Time Machine.

- Wikipedia​

I'm not sure if I will be able to push it to the playable version until the end of the jam so here it is.
    If you want to check out the fancy stuff - only BLU side is ready to play, red is just dev textured and has no stuff.

Custom textures are not at their final state as well.

15 custom textures + skybox, including self-made (todo: add some shoutouts).

Stuff used:
    Flag on a train prefab (todo: fix stickies)
    Fubar's plumbing set
    Facepunch's vehicle pack (todo: add link)
    Self-made rotating gears models (hopefully will finish before the deadline)

In current version you may meet random props on the red side, gonna fix those ASAP.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

todo:

too much stuff to list

Any general feedback will be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  2. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
    This is seriously one of the coolest themes I've seen explored. That fully textured building near mid is beautiful.

3. 200

200 L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for your kind words! I will most likely push it to a5 the next day and hopefully playtest it.