ctf_steam

ctf_steam A4

L2: Junior Member
Aug 11, 2013
ctf_steam - A steampunk-themed reverse-ctf map.

Although many works now considered seminal to the genre were published in the 1960s and 1970s, the term steampunk originated in the late 1980s as a tongue-in-cheek variant of cyberpunk. It was coined by science fiction author K. W. Jeter, who was trying to find a general term for works by Tim Powers (The Anubis Gates, 1983); James Blaylock (Homunculus, 1986); and himself (Morlock Night, 1979, and Infernal Devices, 1987)—all of which took place in a 19th-century (usually Victorian) setting and imitated conventions of such actual Victorian speculative fiction as H. G. Wells' The Time Machine.

- Wikipedia​

I'm not sure if I will be able to push it to the playable version until the end of the jam so here it is.
If you want to check out the fancy stuff - only BLU side is ready to play, red is just dev textured and has no stuff.

Custom textures are not at their final state as well.

15 custom textures + skybox, including self-made (todo: add some shoutouts).

Stuff used:
Flag on a train prefab (todo: fix stickies)
Fubar's plumbing set
Facepunch's vehicle pack (todo: add link)
Self-made rotating gears models (hopefully will finish before the deadline)

In current version you may meet random props on the red side, gonna fix those ASAP.

8IHqWYw.jpg

l8Oe0Lk.jpg

cHpIOn6.jpg

zbwtht4.jpg

y3sONRB.jpg

WrKOQTC.jpg

9yNAPa9.jpg

todo:

too much stuff to list

Any general feedback will be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Last edited:

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
This is seriously one of the coolest themes I've seen explored. That fully textured building near mid is beautiful.

L2: Junior Member
Aug 11, 2013
This is seriously one of the coolest themes I've seen explored. That fully textured building near mid is beautiful.

Thanks for your kind words! I will most likely push it to a5 the next day and hopefully playtest it.