ctf_skyrail

Feb 14, 2008
Progress for skyrail has been posted on the Control Point forums for a week or two now, so I thought it would be good to post some updates on a map dedicated forum.

My friend had this game called James Bond: NightFire and all we did on it was multiplayer - only on 1 map in particular. This map was called Skyrail.

It features a lodge at the bottom of a snowy hill, and a church at the top. Two cable cars run between them. My plan is to port the map to TF2.

You can see some of the NightFire map in the video below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSPEWxtLORQ

Last edited:

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
I did not take a look but problems with the lighting you say;... if you mean if the textures change darkness when you move, its the wrong texture. Solution: look in your texture browser for the same texture where the path doesnt start with /models

Feb 14, 2008
I think you might have just fixed my problem, although I do now need to retexture half the map :D

Thanks a bunch :D

poopster101

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 28, 2008
heres a tip randdalf
you said you need to retexture the whole map
that can easily be done in one step
just go on the right side of hammer and hit the replace button
select the texture wiht the /models in the left box and in the right box select the new one
and below that in the options select something like all textures not just selected ones

hope it helps

Scoobingsthe2nd

Nov 11, 2007
I haven't looked at the map itself but the potential I see in this map is that you have to remember not everyone is going to have the sniper rifle because of the class system. Also not only does everyone not have a sprint function, but some classes are very slow. You're probably either going to have to shrink it for good game play, or add a lot of cover otherwise classes like heavies will be useless in your map.

Maybe add an under ground passage.

Feb 14, 2008
I was away all weekend which is why I haven't replied recently, but thanks for advice poopster I plan to use that to eliminate those textures that I haven't yet changed :D.

On your suggestion scoobings, I do plan to add an underground tunnel, not mentioning the fact that the respawns are underground as well.

Scoobingsthe2nd

Nov 11, 2007
yeah, I was just saying that you need a means to get to the other base that doesn't put people running through an open field ;)

Feb 14, 2008
Unfortunately I won' be able to post screenshots for a while because my computer's graphic card is mucked up and I can only run around my level with .bsp only on. I'm still messing around with the intel room, trying to figure out how to lay it out and where I should beautificate it.

Feb 14, 2008

Mr.Bee

L1: Registered
Feb 21, 2008
heh small world, I playtested the mp for NightFire when I was a tester...played that map to death also :)

Feb 14, 2008
Really? That's quite awesome.

Feb 14, 2008