CTF ctf_panic_a1 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Robot

L1: Registered
Sep 7, 2015
ctf_panic_a1 - A fast paced ctf map with close quarters gameplay.

I made Panic with the intention of making capture the flag fun. It's one of my least favorite game modes as it encourages a lot of camping and games often drag on for too long. The intelligence itself is difficult to defend in panic, but the routes leading to it aren't, meaning that defenders are more effective pushing up flank routes than just staying with the intelligence. (Well that's the intention, anyway.)

I've also tried to begin optimizing the map, but I haven't figured out how to do it in mid yet, so there may be some frame issues there. I was probably a bit overzealous when I was cutting off sight lines, so let me know if you think I should give snipers more breathing room.
20160907155503_1.jpg
20160907155637_1.jpg
20160907155811_1.jpg
20160907155902_1.jpg

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
I like your tinkering with the base of CTF Map design, I hope it pans out in the end

Necrσ

aa
Nov 16, 2015
A bit of feedback just from running around the map on a empty server:

From most spawn positions it is a bit unclear where the resupply cabinets are and you cant see the other spawn exits. If you moved the spawns over just a bit it would allow players to see all the spawn exits and the resupply cabinet. Spawn around here instead
panic01.png

When exiting spawn it is unclear where the intelligence is, more signs around the map in general would be nice.

The middle area feels cramped and there is a long sightline here:
panic02.png

Apart from this there isnt really anywhere else for snipers to snipe from. For the middle area here are just some suggestions:
panic03.png
and then
panic04.png

Also where there are death pits add some signs (maybe props_mining/sign001)

These stairs seem quite steep
panic05.png

Small gap between brushes (on both sides)
panic06.png

If this is ever playtested on an aus/nz server ill give some proper feedback on how the map plays.

Red Robot

L1: Registered
Sep 7, 2015
Thanks for the feedback Necro.The center barrier always bothered me, and you're right about the sniper sightlines. However, upon removing it I found myself with a ton of +3000 hu sight lines, and a general mess. It's better without it, but I have a feeling the map itself is heavily flawed. The next version will be a complete overhaul.

Status
Not open for further replies.