CTF_Nuclear

berober04

L1: Registered
Jun 7, 2008
OK, so far all I have is a basic map idea, but I can't use hammer to save my life (somehow I managed to make a box leak), I'll post my ideas anyway, but would anyone be willing to work with me to make this map?

View attachment 329

View attachment 330

The one thing I wanted to do is keep it asymmetrical and also have a few routes to get to the Intelligence. In the case of Blu:
  • Jumping along the cooling towers (they may very well not be cooling towers, but I can't think of anything else yet) from the Blu sniper point, onto the red sniper point
  • A Rocket/ Sticky jump up to the Red sniper point
  • Along the Northern Corridor

For Red it is:
  • The Sewers
  • The Main Arena
  • A Jump from just outside the Blu upper spawn level

Yes, the last one will be hard and you might miss, but the other two are more direct than the three when attacking Red that I wanted to balance it a bit. If you miss you die, simple as that.

I (or the mapper if I fail at learning how to use hammer) plan to put a few obstacles along the east corridor on the second floor but i don't know what yet.

Well, what do you think?

MangyCarface

Mapper
aa
Feb 26, 2008
Sorry mate, everyone maps to their own tune unless a significant amount of money transfer is involved. If you'd like to see your idea realized, we will be gladly willing to help you learn how to map; there are tons of resources to help you in that respect. It takes time but thats' how mapping works ;) Anyway, welcome.

berober04

Jun 7, 2008
OK, Fair enough, I'm managing to do the spawn room, so I might be ok, but what do you think of the concept?

Inqwel

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 2, 2008
For Capture the Flag, do they really need setup gates? It's what I see on your diagram there, unless you meant spawn room doors.

berober04

Jun 7, 2008
I put them on, but they will only be in setup for 15 seconds or so, the only places they can get to is their intel room. I might remove them but I prefer them in.

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
I think your design looks great. Simple and to the point, which is always good for getting started :) Post a few pics once you've constructed the basic outline.