ctf_fuze

Draser

L3: Member
May 17, 2010
This is my map, its not that great (details-wise) but i think the layout isn't bad.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Draser

May 17, 2010
this better?

Draser

May 17, 2010
So, besides commenting on my photo taking capabilities, how does it look? first and only map here, so i'd like some input

Nov 14, 2009
In general, its best not to use HL2 textures, and the like, although your architecture looks quite strong. I will wait to see how it is played, get it entered into a gameday!

Draser

May 17, 2010
gameday?

Aug 10, 2009
The gamedays can be found here (). They haven't been updated recently which is a bit worrisome, though. If you want additional testing ask a donator or an admin to upload the map to the server for you, then you can have a playtest on it.

Feedback based on pictures:
1) The aesthetic you've set up is a bit dreary and bland, not to mention populated with Half-life 2 textures, please change this.
2) There is a massive sightline down the bridge, and across the pools on the bottom. I would scale everything down by 25%-30%.
4) I don't really see the point of the colored brush pathways, especially on narrow paths.
here's 3) :3

StickZer0

💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Just about to run around the map, you don't need to pack the .vmf file into the .zip as well as the bsp :p The .bsp is the only one we need, and people might steal your work if you leave the .vmf hanging around! :p

Draser

May 17, 2010
Ok, i can change the gloomy bit i think, but im a new mapper, so how do i filter the maps so it only shows tf2 textures? im having a bit of problems with that.

Or if anyone could point me to some downloadable textures that i can use on this map, that'd be great.

Draser

May 17, 2010
well, i put a signature in my map somewhere, so everyone can see that its my map :p

EDIT: not everyone, its hidden, so no game-players can see it, but if there was any problems finding out who the real creator was, i could find it and show it

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
Ok, i can change the gloomy bit i think, but im a new mapper, so how do i filter the maps so it only shows tf2 textures? im having a bit of problems with that.

Or if anyone could point me to some downloadable textures that i can use on this map, that'd be great.

In the texture browser in hammer, type tf in the Keywords field, this will hide all non TF2 textures.

Also there's lots of textures to be had here.
Personally I'd stick to vanilla TF2 textures to start with though.

Also check out some of the excellent guides in the tutorials here.

Draser

May 17, 2010
I would love if somebody could help with the decorating, and optimizing.

I have no idea what im doing, in that regard.

Also, if somebody has a server who wouldn't mind sticking my map in the list, that would help a lot.

Last edited: