CTF_Crossover2_B1

Scoobingsthe2nd

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 11, 2007
Hi,

I'm compiling beta one of my map as we speak and am going to be releasing it onto a few select servers.

Beta1:
-Initial Release

Beta2:
-Public Release
-Exterior to Red's Base done
-Fix Gameplay Issues

Beta3:
-Optomized
-Improved Skybox
-Photos on main screen
-Fix Gameplay Issues
Beta 4:
-Detail Pass
-Fix Gameplay Issues
-Tutorial Video
Beta 5:
-Final Detail Pass
-Final Gameplay Fixes
-Final Release

H

Haas

releasing it onto a few servers? :O
I am glad that i can get a decent gameplay test on 1 server.
Maybe next time first compile then post some screenshot and then upload the map. :p

Scoobingsthe2nd

Nov 11, 2007
Well I'm not ready to upload the map yet because I don't feel like the red base is presentable to a wide audience right now. I just want to get some gameplay tests done so I can overhaul anything that needs it.

Scoobingsthe2nd

Nov 11, 2007
It's not just yet, Thatguy will be able to get it up tommorow, and SKC I'm still trying to get the file to them. I haven't been able to get in touch with the last admin so I'm not sure if that's still a go. 2 Servers isn't bad though.

K

komat

i have a 32player server that is always full if you want to pass it along to me. i be glad to put it up for 30min or so

Scoobingsthe2nd

Nov 11, 2007
It's officially on rotation at IAM clan server, and it's going to be put up tonight at SKC clan.

Thanks ThatGuy and Snowy!

H

Haas

scoobie what the hell??
Are you in some secret mapping society. Or is this just to get more attention?

H

Haas

Dude i just played your first map it looks awesome!
I thought it should be ugly because you wouldn't upload it but wow it just fits and that with valve models damn its very well done!
But what is the reason you are not promoting your map more? By uploading it and posting screenshots

Scoobingsthe2nd

Nov 11, 2007
Thanks Haas.

I didn't wanna spam mostly heheh. I have a thread back when it was still in alpha that has screenshots and the reason I didn't move them here was mostly because I was lazy and figured everyone had seem them already.

I appreciate the support though :D and yes I'm in a secret mapping society :eek:

Oh and the reason I didn't do a public release was because red's exterior isn't done. When the map goes into beta 2 and that exterior is done I'm going to upload it.

P.S.
It's also on rotation at:
63.211.111.246:27015 SKC #2 16 man
209.246.170.73:27015 SKC Clan #1 24 man

Last edited:

Lord Ned

L420: High Member
Feb 11, 2008
Found a few more bugs, including some odd placed models and decals.

ctf_crossover_b10001%20copy.jpg

ctf_crossover_b10002%20copy.jpg

ctf_crossover_b10003%20copy.jpg

ctf_crossover_b10004%20copy.jpg

More in next post.

Scoobingsthe2nd

Nov 11, 2007
#1 Good call on the clipping, I'll fix it
#2 that's because it's a spotlight. The real problem is probably that it's too close too the floor. It shouldn't cast light on it's own wall though or that wouldn't make much sense.
#3 Yeah I was gonna come back through and add one in beta 4
#4 I think maybe I may just try moving it closer to the door. If I put it behind the grate then it will be less obvious. If I move it forward it will be in the light and more in focus.
#5 The decal has an unwanted black border, that's why it's so close to the edge.
#7 Yeah that was an oversite on my part, I thought I had it working.
#8 Are you sure? Because when I test it, it functions fine. I'll look at it in hammer again.
#9 The elevator being team specific was intentional. It makes it so red still has to go around like in TFC but it creates a secondary exit for scouts who suffer most in those enclosed areas. Also it allows for blue team to pass through the area with ease making it slightly more difficult to run the flag back for anyone who isn't a scout. It also creates another entrance so sentries are easier to dispatch.

Thanks for your Feedback! I'll be sure to fix that stuff :)

Lord Ned

L420: High Member
Feb 11, 2008
@5 give me the name of the decal and I'll chop of the border and you can pakrat it in.
@8 You can see there I'm on blue near reds spawn and it doesn't show up.

Kardinal

L1: Registered
Feb 25, 2008
Hey Scoobings, just wanted to tell you that I applaud your attempt to remake Crossover in TF2. I'll see if I can get on those servers when the map is in rotation and give feedback.

Any news on this map in the last couple weeks?