CTF ctf_castle_catastrophe_final

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by qewo, Aug 29, 2012.

1. qewo

qewo L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    A map i made for TF2's medeival mode that uses the scroll model for a CTF map and also used the development and final product for a college assignment. The CTF works perfectly (extensive testing) this version had some compiling errors but after this compile the hammer files seem to have corrupted so i were to continue working on this i would just decompile the bsp. Link to a video of me showing off the map http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSMjqSLMFHc . Any feedback would be great and it would also be nice if you could comment about medieval mode and the other gamemodes it may go well with.

2. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    looks nice, but quite basic. it'd be cool if you'd expand the idea of the map into something that is not so obviously a walled in box with stuff inside it because that is level design from 1999 :p make some 3dsky and stuff

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  3. qewo

Positive Ratings:
    I kept the size of the map small and compact because medieval mode does not work very well in large open spaces. i added a 3d skybox but as i mentioned the hammer files corrupted before i could finish the map off to a high standard https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15061794/2012-08-29_00006.jpg its only simple with brushes. I made the level a rectangle after creating all the buildings because i though it would make adding a skybox easier and make it easier to make each team have an equal side which it did. Thanks for the feedback :D

4. Jetti

Jetti L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    It looks a little flat, though this is usually excusable for Medieval, I reckon. It probably *would* benefit from some more 'hilly' displacements.

You also don't seem to have cubemaps.

5. MangyCarface

aa MangyCarface Mapper

Positive Ratings:
    Why is the middle fence closer to the stone castle?

6. qewo

Positive Ratings:
    Yea i never build the cubemaps mainly because i never though it was done to a high enough finnish to be worth it but i may clean up the last few bugs and then apply cubemaps. and i do agree that i should add a bit more height contrast around the place. Thanks :D

7. qewo

Positive Ratings:
    The Fences in directly in the middle its a illusion that it looks closer :D

8. MangyCarface

aa MangyCarface Mapper

Positive Ratings:
    Check again, there's no way that that's an illusion

9. qewo

Positive Ratings:
    Oh forgot it because the tower is larger on the medieval side.