Jun 20, 2020
ctf_2fort event - An event version of ctf_2fort

2fort but spookified

What is new in version beta 5a?
- improved detailing
- rethemed blue basement spawn
- added more detail to blu intel room
- added cubemaps

!!!! Please tell me if there are any errors !!!!
- hhh spawns after 10 mins and after the first capture
- nav files packed
- skeletons spawn after capping
- spooky ghost
- pumpkin bombs
- spots for soul gargoyle to spawn
- cubemaps!! maybe?
- purgatory -> portals open after 5 mins, close after 90 sec

Credits:
snowycoast models - EArkham - https://tf2maps.net/downloads/snowycoast-model-texture-assets.717/
Rafflesia pack - Ælement - https://tf2maps.net/downloads/the-rafflesia-pack.451/
Jack-o-lantern pack - Coolchou Zhao - https://tf2maps.net/downloads/jack-o-lanterns.10437/
Skyward assets - EArkham - https://tf2maps.net/downloads/skyward-assets.7906/

TheMightyGerbil

L2: Junior Member
Dec 23, 2012
The skeletons and hhh did not move on spawning. Probably some issue with the nav file or you didn't pack it for the updated version. Not sure of the issue but often I've seen them included separately and not packed for some reason, just a guess. Hope you get it sorted :) .

TheFluffycart

L3: Member
Jul 6, 2019
I want to start this off by saying I love this map a lot! You knocked it out of the park with this reskin, and I personally would love to see it be added in game for Scream Fortress 2022! With that said, I also can't wait to see where this goes. However, I have a few questions/concerns (This is all in version b7a).

vYmuzlz

a%3E

This is really small, but this ladder isn't going anywhere. It leads to a dead end, and it's a little odd. Not important, just a nitpick.

0Mgd0hJ

a%3E

This one is also rather nitpicky, but this cobweb brush is showing extra. The texture is either starting to loop at the edges, or is applied to all sides of the brush, which ruins the effect a little. Again, nothing big.

jN9egvM

I am lost as to what this pipe/particle effect is supposed to be. Is this an error, or intentional?

qiZTOWi

On BLU side sewers, there's a texture that's wrong. Figured I'd point it out, but nothing too big again.

e6sMu78

This one is somewhat bigger. While this looks amazing (9/10 for design, love having it open), it makes the map asymmetrical and gives BLU team an unfair advantage (If intelligence gets captured, they have easier access to the intel room, and can spam the tunnel from higher up). I would clip it off somehow, with either boards or railings along the sides.

nxFfnW2

Final thing, this is something small that can make a difference in framerate. Having this doorway crack like that is going to load the area behind and more if that's not areaportal'd/hinted properly. I'd place a tools/tools_black (I believe that's the name of the texture) there, to seal it off from that side of the map.

Overall, I absolutely love this reskin. You knocked it out of the park, and I think the theme of Greenhouse/Science and Manor/Spytech is interesting. You pulled off both themes wonderfully, and this is definitely one that I'm going to watch with great interest. Sorry if any of this seems rude or unhelpful, I try not to come across that way.

TheFluffycart

Jul 6, 2019
Wait crap the images didn't load. Do you happen to have Discord?

Patchy the pirate

L1: Registered
Apr 9, 2022
Absolutely love the redesign you've made here on TF2's most blessed/cursed map
10/10 on that front!

I've stumbled over a few little issues here and there, namely the following;
- The cobweb texture has extra white specs left which float in the air where the texture is applied, it looks really odd during gameplay
- There are a few pixels sticking out here and there where you can stand in places where there appears to be no overstanding map structure (smaller ones down in the intel area, but those are inoffensive). The bigger one actually grants RED an advantageous position over BLU, namely the soldier and possible demoman (see image below);
^^sendtomagey.png

It's possible to stand on that intersection of the map geometry, the same thing is NOT the case on RED's side
- The Monoculous eye-projectiles which are used on BLU's side as decorative elements have collosion boxes, allowing them to both support players standing on them, and blocking a players path if given the event (see image below);
^^sendtomagey1.PNG

Otherwise, my pirate hat's off for you Matey'!

RatsInYourWalls

Jun 20, 2020
Thanks for telling me. I'll have to edit the cobweb textures as the default ones have floating pixels. I'll fix the clipping issues asap

Conga Lyne

L2: Junior Member
Sep 2, 2017
I played around this map with a few bots, and it's very nice.
It has a good Halloween feel to it, there's some interesting geometry changes and it's still easily identifiable as 2fort.

However at the same time, I mean this with the best intentions, but it feels very generic.
I feel like there's almost an over-reliance on a lot of the existing gaudy-sided Halloween props such as bozo and the monoculous eyes, I don't expect it to be the norm to be able to have custom models in a map but I feel their use could perhaps be reconsidered in some areas if they fit the theme you're going for.
Are you going for two haunted castles? A Halloween party theme? Haunted Mansions? I can recognise all of these in the map at the same time but struggle to feel any one inparticular at once; since red and blue seem to have completely different themes rather than different colours & materials.

However I feel the main "I've seen this before" feeling I have from this map is the Halloween content itself, it has skeletons, spellbooks ghosts and pumpkin bombs, so on, I feel it could use something new in this area.
Maybe the intelligence could be haunted and scare people around it, maybe there could be a wheel of fate with completely custom fates on it, perhaps you could add a custom pickup around the map, something centered around the lead poisoned water in teufort or something else entirely.
A new gimmick I feel is something that would greatly benefit this map and make it standout, it doesn't need to be revolutionary or a completely custom asset, just something new would give a breath of fresh air when you walk in and have to learn the new Halloween gimmick, having fun figuring it out with everyone else.

On a brighter note, the haunted castle themed areas of this map give the feeling really, really well.
I love exploring the cold stone rooms with mad scientist equipment surrounding me, I seeing how you've turned the sewers into a crypt and the staircase from spawnroom into the intelligence basement being an open pit is an interesting change to play around.

I really like the look of the map so far and am excited to see the end product of it wherever it goes, best of luck in development!