ctf_2fooooooooooooooooort

CTF ctf_2fooooooooooooooooort rc3

Whomobile

L2: Junior Member
Feb 28, 2016
ctf_2fooooooooooooooooort - 2fort but the bridge is 25x times longer

If a joke is funny once you might as well run it into the ground!

ctf_2fooooooooooooooooort (that's 17 o's, doesn't mean anything this time, it's about 25 times longer but 25 o's was too much) is a continuation of the "stretched out versions of overplayed maps" series.

2fooooooooooooooooort is a post-modern statement on the current condition of map selection by players. Everyone wants to play 2fort endlessly, so why not give them all the 2fort they want? Surely this will sate their need. However, when the lime scouts and pro snipers join and find that their desire has gotten the best of them and the excess has ruined the gaming experience, it leads to the players questioning their life choices; "Why did I think this was a good idea?", "Who thought this would be a good idea?", "Why does no one like my hot pink loadout?". By forcing the player to question their motives, this map aims to encourage the player to try a better gamemode.

or maybe it's a dumb joke map idk lol
ctf_2fooooooooooooooooortpic1.jpgctf_2fooooooooooooooooortpic2.jpgView attachment 46121 View attachment 46122View attachment 46123

Tuaam

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 26, 2015
Maybe It's supposed to be a metaphor. The near endless mess of mid is supposed to be a parody of how the work life (The "middle" of your life) is an endless monotony of going to work, and when you reach the end (the enemy base), you die or live a hero. Much like how Anaconda is about the deep complexity of the Proles and their struggle in the modern day world, ctf_ 2fooooooooooooooooort is about the struggle of modern life as we crawl through our living hell of life.

Or idk maybe the author is right it's a dumb joke map

Whomobile

L2: Junior Member
Feb 28, 2016
-Jump pads added! these will propel you a third of the way across the map. (thanks Blade x64 for the suggestion!)
-The middle of the bridge has been opened up with ramps added along the sides, now you'll no longer be stuck in the water!
-Player clip removed from ceiling to allow for proper sticky/rocket jumping
-distance fog added, this both helps with optimization and gives snipers a bit of a reference of how far they can shoot.
-fixed some props and decals fading over distance

I'm gonna take a break from meme/joke maps after this, it's come to my attention that I've annoyed a few people by making this kind of map a trend on the Steam workshop and the resulting flood of copycats that overtook much better maps (Sorry about that!). Also I'm pretty sick of being associated with these maps.

I wanna be known for good maps, not memey ones that die off in a week.

ctf_2fooooooooooooooooort_rc30001.jpg ctf_2fooooooooooooooooort_rc30002.jpg ctf_2fooooooooooooooooort_rc30003.jpg ctf_2fooooooooooooooooort_rc30004.jpg ctf_2fooooooooooooooooort_rc30005.jpg ctf_2fooooooooooooooooort_rc30006.jpg

Read the rest of this update entry...

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Never apologize for being funny, or for things other people do because they think you're funny. If people want the Workshop to not be cluttered up with joke maps, they should bug Valve to make a dedicated category for them. I mean, they should probably do that anyway.