After my initial attempts were dismissed for Use of Orange, and despite my fervent defense of the dev textures, I decided to give a fancier looking version of my map a shot. Here's the work so far.. lighting is in flux, and the blue base is non-existent, but I like what I have so far. These shots are of the midfield. I'm making heavy use of displacements and I've been experimenting with how best to optimize the space, moving brushes behind them, but I'm not sure I improved it any. I've been working out of order, filling in details before moving on, as a method of learning some of the new tools. Although it's a learning project, I really like the layout, and I plan on releasing it if/when I finish.