CTF CTF underground dock [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
I think there is a theme here.
Well, I mean, the only thing we've had so far is some low-res in-Hammer screenshot of a random building that could as well have been detail area, with a big NO ENTRY sign and a trigger box. For the amount of time this map has been up that's not the way to promote your work.

Jul 6, 2015
Well, I mean, the only thing we've had so far is some low-res in-Hammer screenshot of a random building that could as well have been detail area, with a big NO ENTRY sign and a trigger box. For the amount of time this map has been up that's not the way to promote your work.
Wasnt disagreeing, I was saying that everyone thats looked at this thread wants some in-game screenshots.

Cynder loves Portal

L420: High Member
Jan 9, 2016
Come on... Give me an chance. fixing bugs and issues take time. FOR THE LOVE OF CELESTIA GIVE ME SOME SLACK!!!

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
What I'm trying to say is testing will help you even more. It'll give people a chance to play your map in an actual game and give you layout feedback and stuff. It will also help you identify what does and doesn't work in your map, so that you don't keep developing features that ultimately won't work out. Really, it can only help your map.

When you uploaded this map that implied it was in a finished, playable state. That's how most uploaded maps on this site are. Now, instead of posting buggy versions and saying "i'm working on it", why not post in the discussion forum and ask for help? You're on a help site, there are tons of people willing to help.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Okay so, clearly this is your first time making something in Hammer (if not, then you're still new to the engine). This shows, I loaded up the map and I'm not afraid to say that everything is a mess.

If you'd like to take mapping seriously, I would suggest following some tutorials very closely before attempting something like this, I suggest Crash's Mapping for TF2 tutorial series and TopHattWaffle's tutorials for learning engine and editor stuff.

For more on-demand help, I would highly suggest hanging around in our Steam group chat as there's usually someone there willing to help you out. All the admins regularly hang out there too.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Cynder loves Portal

Jan 9, 2016
I finally got to test this in TF2!

Everything works and both blue and red can get the intels!

Well, blue needs to figure out how to disable the lockdown on the doors... There should be an override somewhere....

Can somepony test this in an server please??

Read the rest of this update entry...

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
There is a EU gameday on March 5th, and we test maps on there. If you find the thread (search gameday [thread titles only]) on the website you can find it. Submit your map there and it will get tested during the gameday. You can also join the tf2 mappers steam group and it will announce when a gameday is happening.

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
This thread is a rollercoaste to read through.
Anyways, when you say everything works in TF2, does that include the security camera?

nickybakes

aa
Jul 28, 2015
I thought I saw this map on the EU gameday thread, but I dont see it on the feedback page. Just as a guess, there might have been a bug with the map (some entities that are in Gmod but not Tf2), or maybe it was the custom textures/models I see you used in the map screenshots that ould cause the map to not function properly, and they skipped it. You seem like a new mapper, so I'm going to assume you do not know about packing custom content into your map, and I did see you say you were testing in Gmod, but I dont really know what the problem is.

nickybakes

aa
Jul 28, 2015
Nevermind, I asked the people running the gameday, and it turns out your filename has a capital letter in it. Do not rename the .bsp file after compile, rename the vmf file and make sure it has no capital letters, spaces, or special characters.

Cynder loves Portal

Jan 9, 2016

Cynder loves Portal

Jan 9, 2016
Do you think it's a good idea to clone the red's fortress for the blue team and use that for their spawn instead of the dock?

Status
Not open for further replies.