CTF points

HMK-3

L2: Junior Member
Jul 18, 2014
Hi!
Im working on a CTF map with multiple capture areas, and i want to know if there is a way to make certain point worth more captures, for example
capture point A: 1 point
capture poin B: 2 points
and C:3
with a limit of 10 ftw
im REALY unfamiliar with the triggers, the logic stuff, outputs and inputs, soo thats it

:B

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
It does involve inputs and outputs!

Select your func_capturezone entity, go to the Outputs tab, and do this:

My output named OnCapTeam1/2 (1 is Red, 2 is Blue, change accordingly - this basically means "When team 1 or 2 captures this area...")
Targets entities named <the name of your tf_gamerules entity>
Via this input AddRed/BlueTeamScore (change accordingly - this should be self-explanatory)
With a parameter override of <however many points you want the team to earn upon capture>

So if you want the BLU team to earn 3 points whenever they capture the flag in a certain capture zone (and your tf_gamerules entity is named "gamerules"), enter this into the capture zone in question:

My output named OnCapTeam2
Targets entities named gamerules
Via this input AddBlueTeamScore
With a parameter override of 3

Also, it'll help if your tf_gamerules entity is set to "CTF HUD".

It'll probably look daunting and complicated at first, but inputs and outputs are actually relatively simple and easy to use once you figure them out!

Last edited:

HMK-3

Jul 18, 2014
Is not working for me, im still getting 1 capture point.
:/

Last edited:

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
The problem is those inputs adjust the overall team score (seen on the scoreboard), NOT the flag score see on the hud panel. The latter can't be manually adjusted.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
You might want to just look into using the RD HUD, since it supports a "points" system as well as flag capturing.

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
You won't see any RD entities in the FGD, just yet because it's still work-in-progress. You'll need to decompile rd_asteroid and take a look inside. I think all the entities were just outside one of the team's vaults, last time I had a look.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
And decompiling Asteroid doesn't work because the decompiler chokes on the new prop lighting options. Or something.

HMK-3

Jul 18, 2014
Anyway, Thanks! I droped the proyect already...
I will start doing a TF version of routegs