CTF CERES BASE B1

Space based Mannpower CTF map

1. MrWhite007

MrWhite007 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    CTF CERES BASE - Space based Mannpower CTF map

This is a CTF map I made specifically for the Mannpower mode. It has a lot of open areas which are great for grappling. I used a lot of textures from the Robot Destruction beta map, as I was going for an outer space theme. I would appreciate as much feedback as I can get, as I have been unable to test it with a lot of players.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  2. MrWhite007

Positive Ratings:
    For those of you who don't know how to run mannpower, execute the following commands:

tf_grapplinghook_enable 1
    tf_powerup_mode 1
    tf_flag_caps_per_round 7

It's probably easiest to copy them into a cfg file and execute that.

3. Asd417

aa Asd417 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Isn't it hard to detail it because of the lack of official props and textures?

4. MrWhite007

Positive Ratings:
    I think there are plenty of textures and props to chose from, plus you're not limited to the moon base stuff. Do you think the map is detailed enough?

5. Cargo_Tokens

Cargo_Tokens L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Don't worry much about detailing now, just focus on getting a good layout by having the map tested.

6. hutty

aa hutty

Positive Ratings:
    niice, another mannpower map, i'll be posting my own later today.
    I can't say much without playing it, but it looks fun to grapple around on.

7. DrLambda

aa DrLambda L69: Teeheehee, Member

Positive Ratings:
    I really like the first look of it, there are quite a few nice spots on the screenshots.

Please note that you could put a ctf_ceres_base_b1.cfg inside your cfg folder which executes whenever you load the map.

8. Nicky

aa Nicky Lets try something new!

Positive Ratings:
    Could you pack this cfg into your bsp and will it still work?

9. DrLambda

aa DrLambda L69: Teeheehee, Member

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think so, because that would basically allow maps to execute code on a server (and the connecting clients.) That sounds like a bad idea.
    I think you could use point_servercommand for that, but the server owner still has to whitelist your map.

10. MrWhite007

Positive Ratings:
    The only thing I have been unable to test in this map are the team revenge powerups. Since they only deploy when there's an imbalance of powerups between the teams, I haven't been able to test with enough players to make it happen (bots don't work). I copied the settings directly from another mannpower map so it should work.

If anyone is able to successfully test this or has any ideas on how to test it, please let me know.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016