Creating windows that suck?

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Alright, so I had this idea for a feature of map (a map which i will probably start soon, once my first map CTF_offtrack is ready for playtesting)...

basicly, I would like to create a window, then after XXX amount of damage it breaks and players in the surrounding area are sucked (or pushed) out the window.

I have attempted this with Trigger_Push, but people say that it is really annoying to work with, and i've also tried func_conveyor.

I have set the output on the window so that OnBreak it would enable the conveyor to turn on and then lauch said player out. Though, this isn't working. I havn't discovered any guides for this particular thing... any ideas?

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
a point_push set to a negative value? That'd suck them towards the window, but to get it really working you'd have to do this:
Put one moderately powerful point_push set to a negative value behind the window, by about 32 units
Put one weak point_push set to a negative value in the exact centre of the window, moved in towards the playspace by about 4 units
Finally put one really powerful trigger_push pointing out of the window, that goes through the window, out, and is about 8 units inside the playspace.

Players get pulled towards the window, into the centre, and catapulted out the back into your trigger_hurt.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
I think it'd be better to kill the player before they're sent out the window, unless your windows are much bigger than the player.