Crashing when i move?

Goosage

L1: Registered
Oct 17, 2008
i have a simple spawn room, testing out my doors i made i have 1 spawn a few units above ground and a light..... when i move it pauses, plays the last sound over and over again and displays a error code which ends in:
the memory could not be "written"
normal tf2 works but not this, help?
EDIT: nvm, it seems like it only happens when i try to open a door. i made a room on the other side but it still happens

Last edited:

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
Your doortrigger probably has a bad output (check all of those).

Does the door contain anything special also? If so tell which things so we can find a solution faster

Goosage

Oct 17, 2008
hmmm well i have 2 blocks with glass panels in them, there is a tutorial somewhere on them, well i have them each tied to a func_door entitity both named door2, speed 400, Delay before reset 0. then i have a trigger around it tied to a trigger_multiple, the outputs on that are: On End Touch All, Door2, Close, 0 delay, Onlyonce: no
Onstarttouch, Door2, Open, 0 delay onlyonce: no
oh yeah, i also have the same thing but door1 and it works fine
ugh -.- now it seems like whenever i cross an invisible line on the map

Last edited:

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
"door2, speed 400, Delay before reset 0." - Make sure to set Delay before reset to -1, not 0.

Make sure the Outputs are: 'OnEndTouchAll' & 'OnStartTouchAll'

Do you have the Target Entity set as the exact name of your func_door?

If I can ask, how come you have a separate trigger for each door? Is it so they can slide open different ways?

Goosage

Oct 17, 2008
"door2, speed 400, Delay before reset 0." - Make sure to set Delay before reset to -1, not 0.

Make sure the Outputs are: 'OnEndTouchAll' & 'OnStartTouchAll'

Do you have the Target Entity set as the exact name of your func_door?

If I can ask, how come you have a separate trigger for each door? Is it so they can slide open different ways?
few things,
will -1 make it stay open forever? or will it close if someone isn't in the trigger?
the door works fine now
it seems as if ummm for some reason a "invisible line" on my map makes it crash...(meaning once i step over a certain point it passes)
ill post images soon

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Haha, aiight, nah -1 will let it shut, it'll just make sure it doesn't have a time before it resets if someone else is already in the trigger area.

Basically, if you set it to 1, once the door starts closing and someone walks into the trigger the door isn't going to open again until the player(s) have left the trigger area for it to reset. Setting it to -1 will make sure that it doesn't have a reset timer and will let it open at anytime even if s player steps into the trigger area after the door starts to close.

Hope that all makes sense. =P