Crash Hammer the Easy Way - with Models!

XFunc_CaRteR

L5: Dapper Member
May 14, 2009
Model browser crashes me also. One thing funny I have noticed for months now that I never saw before is that on the texture filter when I use TF2, it shows all the TF2 textures of course but somtimes 2 and 3 sets of them. I can scroll down and see them all and then keep scrolling and they are all there again in duplicate. That's weird.

Those aren't duplicates. You can have two of the same texture, but one is a "model" texture and the other isn't. You don't use model textures on world geometry.

NovaSilisko

L42: Life, the Universe and Everything
aa
Feb 3, 2009
It's all a conspiracy! Boojum bribed valve to break it so people would have to download his prop library D:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Those aren't duplicates. You can have two of the same texture, but one is a "model" texture and the other isn't. You don't use model textures on world geometry.

Not any more, Valve removed the model materials from the texture browser.

How thoughtful of them.

Ankh

L3: Member
Sep 18, 2008
Model viewer is fixed. Just run TF2 first and it should work fine.
There was some sort of missing file that they stealth updated TF2 with. It's still broken for Episode 2 and Portal maps though

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
I think you need to read a who's who.

Valve=Game company with great long term support (probably something todo with their long term developement times (see valve time wiki entry))

Steam=Game distribution platform made by valve to make patching and distributing games cheaper and easier for companies and customers.

Ea Downloader=Internet Explorer with some new buttons

thats what I said :p