Crafting bug

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Daedryon, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Daedryon

Daedryon L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well, upon putting a Force-a-Nature, BONK! and Sandman into crafting, and crafted them, I unlocked the Smelt Class Weapons blueprint, which gives you 1 normal metal.

But I tried crafting the Scottish Resistance, Eyelander and Chargin' Targe (all the class weapons for the Demo) and it wouldn't accept them. Said no blueprint was found.

They are technically the Demo's 3 class weapons, but this is just stupid.

2. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    Doesn't work with the Spy weapons either.

I guess, for some stupid reason, the weapons have to be primary, secondary and melee.

3. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    It's supposed to be one primary, one secondary, and one melee. Demo weapons gives you two primaries and a melee.

4. Daedryon

Daedryon L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Weird anyway.

I've got my backpack organized, first page has my complete set of weapons for the classes (minus the Buff Banner and Gunboat Boots), second page is for my scrap weapons that'll be used for crafting.

I had the 3 Demo weapons on the 2nd page, went to craft em into metal, lo and behold, I can't smelt em.

5. VelvetFistIronGlove

aa VelvetFistIronGlove

Positive Ratings:
    Also, if I wanted to craft stuff to get the new demoman weapons, I'd have to have already got four of a kind of one of them to get a demoman class token. So by the time I'd got that many of one, I'd probably have them all already.

Crafting right now is damn near useless except for making hats.

Edit: And even with hats you can't craft a specific hat that you want, you just get a random one for a class.

6. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    Crafting class weapons is not entirely useless, since it means if you are missing the third unlock and have four dupes, you can still get the blasted thing :p (My best bet for the banner at this point.)

Got my first random hat ever yesterday. Was good. Beanie.

7. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Am I just dense, or how would I craft a weapon anyway? There's no blueprint for it. Nor does there seem to be any use for the slot token.

8. KarmaPolice

KarmaPolice L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    slot token + class token = that class's weapon for that slot