CP cquba

hansfortress

L1: Registered
Mar 3, 2014
A small, quiet, 5CP map set in an abandoned complex in a Cuban mountain range.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2012
That looks pretty cool! I'd recommend putting a request out for custom skybox textures matching your current skybox but in the tf2 style, it would really tie the map together.

Limeaide

L2: Junior Member
Jul 26, 2009
Visually, that map looks great. A few pointers, however:

The skybox, though it looks very nice, looks too realistic for tf2's painterly style. You should request (or make) a version of that same thing, but with a much more painted look, like the other skyboxes. You also seem to have used a few HL2 textures in the last screenshot. To filter the material browser to only include tf2 textures, type "tf" into the keywords bar. You should be able to find a good equivalent to the window textures you've used there.

Have you tested this, by the way?

hansfortress

L1: Registered
Mar 3, 2014
Visually, that map looks great. A few pointers, however:

The skybox, though it looks very nice, looks too realistic for tf2's painterly style. You should request (or make) a version of that same thing, but with a much more painted look, like the other skyboxes. You also seem to have used a few HL2 textures in the last screenshot. To filter the material browser to only include tf2 textures, type "tf" into the keywords bar. You should be able to find a good equivalent to the window textures you've used there.

Have you tested this, by the way?

Regarding the HL2 windows - I didn't find any windows from TF2's textures that suited those buildings well, so I used those on purpose. They are also packed in the BSP so that people without HL2 downloaded can still see them.

As for the testing - it was actually tested on an IMP last night, it went pretty well. Some people liked it, some didn't. A lot of things about this map don't exactly follow established knowledge about balancing in an attempt to have a unique play style.

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
I've logged this as an MIA map for now and will keep an eye out for it whenever I'm searching through FDLs and the like; What would really help is if anyone who sees this checks through their old storage drives, if they have any. A lot of maps can be found there that we can't find in the modern day. This map is sadly not available at rotabland.eu or the Mevl2 archives, so good luck!!