CP cquba

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by hansfortress, Aug 15, 2014.

1. hansfortress

hansfortress L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    A small, quiet, 5CP map set in an abandoned complex in a Cuban mountain range.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  2. nightwatch

aa nightwatch

Positive Ratings:
    That looks pretty cool! I'd recommend putting a request out for custom skybox textures matching your current skybox but in the tf2 style, it would really tie the map together.

3. Limeaide

Limeaide L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Visually, that map looks great. A few pointers, however:

The skybox, though it looks very nice, looks too realistic for tf2's painterly style. You should request (or make) a version of that same thing, but with a much more painted look, like the other skyboxes. You also seem to have used a few HL2 textures in the last screenshot. To filter the material browser to only include tf2 textures, type "tf" into the keywords bar. You should be able to find a good equivalent to the window textures you've used there.

Have you tested this, by the way?

4. hansfortress

hansfortress L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Regarding the HL2 windows - I didn't find any windows from TF2's textures that suited those buildings well, so I used those on purpose. They are also packed in the BSP so that people without HL2 downloaded can still see them.

As for the testing - it was actually tested on an IMP last night, it went pretty well. Some people liked it, some didn't. A lot of things about this map don't exactly follow established knowledge about balancing in an attempt to have a unique play style.