Resource icon

CP cp_workstrained A1

Startacker!

WANT ME TO BE REAL? MAKE ME.
aa
Jun 15, 2013
cp_workstrained - Three stage A/D map

A someone quickly made 3 point A/D map, just up for testing how the layout will work. Control points are close quarters with connecting areas being somewhat long and open.

Blue spawn with A
sgVLXoC.jpg

Connection from A to B
kWzBrxx.jpg

B
5LSiCE4.jpg

Connection from B to C, with RED's first spawn point
Ajjy3Lh.jpg

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
I can tell you already you'll need some cover and alternate routes between B and C. There's no other way for BLU to go and they'll be easily spammed out.

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
Agreed. It will be hard to attack RED, when most of the areas are open yards connected with small buildings, easily defendable buildings.

radarhead

Basically? Kind of a Huge Mess
aa
Mar 6, 2013
You've got a bit of "Cp_Orange" syndrome going on with those first couple of open spaces. Where's the height differences? The hills? The cliff walls, fence bits, barrels, rocks and pits that make other maps so fun to play on? Flat space is important to have, but with too much of it your map becomes a mindless spamfest and sniper heaven. I recommend looking at some of your favorite A/D maps in game, look at what elements they have in their connecting areas, and see if you can incorporate a few of them into your map. The key to being a TF2 mapper is to simply break the "flat and boxy" habit!