cp_vulcano [wip name]

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
Hi TF2 lovers, im pleased to announce you that a mate and I are working on a TF2 map. I made some counterstrike source maps that people enjoyed. I have an eye for detail, i draw my maps first, think about them, playtest them etc etc.

I make my own textures.... and models :)
Now, im not showing screenshots yet since we just started. Map will be like gravelpit 3cps, teams have to capture a and b before moving to c.

Estimated build time: 2 weeks. Even we know that is not realistic but we are going to try and finish this.

We are aiming for the best custom TF2 map build

Ill keep you up to date. Ty for reading. Spread the word.

O

Octopus

Sounds good. Is it going to have a volcano in it? :)
Like some super secret underground volcano base from Auston Powers? ("Welcome to my Underground Lair")

Snipergen

Nov 16, 2007
you hit it right there. thats the theme. Blue is building their secret base and red was mining when they hit eachother. red has all the cp's but blue wants it back and more.

the second cp is in the middle of a little lake and in the background im going to model and animate a huge watermill. If this is working out like i had in mind..... <3 :p tomorrow screenshot i promise

Oct 25, 2007
Sounds interesting. I can imagine some dramatic lighting from the molten magma below. Looking forwards to updates.

Snipergen

Nov 16, 2007
screenshot time! looked at gravelpit spawn a bit to get the style "in the fingers", will be changed later of course, dont want people to say OY THATS GRAVELPIT :D

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Snipergen

Nov 16, 2007
maybe this weekend lol :p
btw i now see the lights above the resupply cabinets are too strong :(

Scoobingsthe2nd

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 11, 2007
I like it! it looks really good!

Have you thought about doing the map at night time? That would make a really dramatic contrast between the volcano and the night sky! You could also do a lot of REALLY fun lighting things with lava.

This sounds like a lot of fun, Good luck! :D

Snipergen

Nov 16, 2007
well i dont want the map to be all about the vulcano, it has a vulcano and a blue base in it but the map would be like gravelpit with a vulcano in the background on cp A, and on B a huge watermill with rotating parts to make it look interesting, but also, in the background. So the vulcano is just a detail

ThatGuy

L2: Junior Member
Nov 5, 2007
It would be cool if the last cap point dealt with a volcano, being on the top or inside of one..

TheBladeRoden

L420: High Member
Oct 26, 2007
Yeah if like both bases were on either side of the volcano, then the middle cap was inside the crater, and they'd have to go in and duke it out all Mustafar-like.

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
Yeah if like both bases were on either side of the volcano, then the middle cap was inside the crater, and they'd have to go in and duke it out all Mustafar-like.

With lava on both sides! and Sharks with fricken Laser beams on their heads!

Snipergen

Nov 16, 2007
i could model and animate that! actually, i like the idea without the lasers :p gonna think about it... should watch the bsp size too tbh ^^
meh tomorrow some new screens i promise but no vulcano yet guys :(
i want to do the watermill first!

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
we will be anxiously awaiting the lava sharks.

Snipergen

Nov 16, 2007
ok i decided to actually do the sharks :D gonna keep them lowpoly and the only thing they do is just swim around a bit and do hap hap with their jaws :p but hey its a nice detail.

but thats for the last fases. i did some good progress today gonna show it tomorrow :p (jeez i always say that but im pretty lazy hehe )

Snipergen

Nov 16, 2007
lol NO LASERS 11!11

I think its starting to look how i wanted it to be. God if i get this finished in a few weeks like i hoped WITH the sharks should be awesomeness

Last edited: