cp_untitled [WIP]

poopster101

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 28, 2008

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Quite simple looking. Is it just that outside area with two spawns? could be shot down in flames by people that don't like maps like that.
Head over to the tutorial section of the forum for info on displacements.

poopster101

Jan 28, 2008
Quite simple looking. Is it just that outside area with two spawns? could be shot down in flames by people that don't like maps like that.
Head over to the tutorial section of the forum for info on displacements.

i think it might be a bit simple too but it might work as something to be played at a very fast rate
i will go check it out

H

Haas

It is a good start better as some other mappers :)
So keep up the good work and make 'm better and better!

Only one thing:
As I see it as my moral duty to point out that you used the rock001 texture and it is very ugly your map could be an example why i say it should not be used on big displacements ;)

poopster101

Jan 28, 2008
It is a good start better as some other mappers :)
So keep up the good work and make 'm better and better!

Only one thing:
As I see it as my moral duty to point out that you used the rock001 texture and it is very ugly your map could be an example why i say it should not be used on big displacements ;)

well feel free to use it as an example of what not to do in your thread if you want

dirtyminuth

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 5, 2007
The faceoff layout used in your map is a good layout for beginning mappers. Here's a list of items to work on to improve your mapping skills:

1. Work on cliff displacements / textures. This is key to creating convincing outdoor environments.

2. Right now, your bases are walls with a single texture. Work on building trim and details. Add some wooden framing, add some cement trim where walls meet the floor, add pillars embedded in the wall.

3. Consider class balance. Snipers will have a field day on your map. Pyros won't. Reduce long views and add enclosed spaces.

Take these into account for your next map. You will be making another map, yes? :)

poopster101

Jan 28, 2008
i might be
right now i would love to have a coop make making with someone...