cp_temple

REEJ

L420: High Member
Aug 26, 2010
cp_temple

Old school thought driven, in Egypt theme, 4 cp in 'gravelpit' kind of style map.
Red defends and blu raids, then a team switch.
General design is aligned to promote use of the map for competitive tf2 in 6v6 and 9v9.

Last edited:

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
It's good to see someone using the Egypt theme properly. It's not supposed to be used outside of Attack/Defend maps because of how neutral it looks. The ground is really really bright and could do with an LOD controller to correct that.

REEJ

Aug 26, 2010
It's good to see someone using the Egypt theme properly. It's not supposed to be used outside of Attack/Defend maps because of how neutral it looks. The ground is really really bright and could do with an LOD controller to correct that.

The very bright sand is sort of speak, outside the competition area and looks quite good as for my tastes (even with my screen's brightness all the way up)

/download link up

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
FYI there is a CTF map that goes by the name "temple" also. It's generally polite/courtesy, even when using a different game mode, to choose a unique name; to avoid confusion. As many maps will have converted versions of their game mode (koth_sawmill, ctf_sawmill).

That said, you will need some hints in the environment for what team side players are on.

REEJ

Aug 26, 2010
FYI there is a CTF map that goes by the name "temple" also. It's generally polite/courtesy, even when using a different game mode, to choose a unique name; to avoid confusion.

Got to say that i spent some time searching and googling cp_temple all over tf2 map sites before naming my project and I found nothing, but I admit that I didn't think about other game modes and I apologize for that.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
A couple of friends does not a full 24 man test constitute. Consider the team elements that you're losing with much fewer players testing your map.

REEJ

Aug 26, 2010
A couple of friends does not a full 24 man test constitute. Consider the team elements that you're losing with much fewer players testing your map.

Thought about what you wrote, and thought it through good. My next project surely will follow this advice, will have to plan it different way than I did with my first one. Just did everything, put in and didn't really leave any room for changes without having to literally start all over again. Well, I guess that's what I should sort under the inevitable "first map mistakes" cathegory.
;)